• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.5" Camo Challenger Extreme on '06 900

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
I'm going to put a 162 X 15 X 2.5" Challenger on my 06 900 this summer. Just curious if any others have done this and if there are clearance issues. Is there room for 8-tooth Avid 3.0" pitch drivers ?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
If I remember right, listening to what MH was saying about that track on this sled ..

You did need to either go with a 7-tooth extrovert driver (which would mess your speedo up I think) or you needed to go with a low-profile VE front cooler...

I'm thinking about upgrading the track on my 900 this summer as well, I would probably just do a VE tunnel extension on it .... but I can't decide what I wanna do.

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll contact VE and see if they're still making the low profile front coolers. I would prefer to go with at least 8-tooth drivers. My plans for this summer originally included a Fabcraft RBC tunnel with the reverse u-cooler which I believe would have allowed me to eliminate the front cooler all together. However, everything else I need and want to do this summer has blown the budget, so the tunnel idea is dropped for this year.

Premium Features