• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1M Tool recommendation

R
Nov 20, 2009
Fort St.John, BC
I just picked up this 1M yesterday. I had a look in the little tool area above the air box and noticed a couple of small wrenches and a emergency strap for starting the sled. Started me thinking of what came in there originally? What is the minimal item list you guys carry for this sled? What size wrenches, parts, etc? I might put together a small kit and zap strap it under the hood somewhere just in case.

R
Nov 20, 2009
Fort St.John, BC
You bet, plugs and a belt will be the first things I buy. What about tools? Small adjustable wrench, small pliers, screw driver, and some wrenches I think. Any other items? What is your must bring items?

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
If its carbed you'll want a 17mm wrench and a jet socket and a allen wrench for the needle. Torx, phillips and straight screw driver. 3/8 to 9/16 wrenches, 10 mm wrench (best to have both wrenches and sockets) pliers and or vice grip and a small cresent wrench. I usually have quite abit more than this along, but I usually get to work on all four sled brands before a trip is done!

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
well looks like me and digger are packin the same tool set....also good to have some zip ties electrical tape and spare bolts for the front A arms. I also carry extra fuel line, and some hose clamps. be amazed at all you can fix on the hill.

S
Dec 1, 2007
Norther Utah (Utard)
all the tools mentioned and allen wrenches to fit your clutch if needed and your carb needle.. dont forget that lil gem.

also I carry an extra ski grommet, I have lost two (really not a goodthing - expect a BIG wipeout if your skis get off the ground) , but since I changed to the 90 durometer (race) ones I haven't lost one. another thing would be a thumb throttle lever, I have not broken one but I had an extra at the time a friend broke theirs, saved a day for all of us.

Last edited:
R
Nov 20, 2009
Fort St.John, BC
also I carry an extra ski grommet, I have lost two, but scince I changed to the 90 durometer (race) ones I havent lost one. another thing would be a thumb throttle lever, I have not broken one but I had an extra at the time a friend broke theirs, saved a day for all of us.

What is the ski grommet? Also that thumb lever is a good idea. I had not thought of that!

Great info from everyone. Looks like I need to hit the hardware store and stock up.

S
Dec 1, 2007
Norther Utah (Utard)
the ski grommet is the rubber that holds the ski in position, it sits below the ski axle and ontop of the ski.

the axle where you hook onto the ski is more than 1/2 way back on theski so when the sled is in the air the skis will drop and point down (very sharply I might add) if you catch air and come down nose first at all they can and in my case (4 times) will dig in, bringing the sled to a very quick stop...yes I went over the bars each time. You're expecting to get tossed backward when landing so it really catches you by surprise.

the thing is it doesn't happen each time only when the angles are right, so this took place over 3 rides before I spotted the problem, it was a relief to find out I didn't suck that bad!!!!

U

U turn

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Ardrossan, AB
Stock kit has spark plug wrench, two double ended torx bits and handle, couple metric and couple SAE wrenches and nylon cable for starting with clutch. After that you just keep adding as you find out you don't have what you need!

B
Nov 25, 2009
spokane
a small 1/4 drive ratchet with a 13 mm on it for the bottom bolt on your chain case . i was pulling a hill when i snaped my chain and it wadded itsself under the lower gear no wrench in your kit can get that bolt out

R
Feb 21, 2013
Servo 2002 artic cat

I broke the mounts for the power valve cables and wanted to see if the could be mounted on the right side the holes look the same can this be done with out having to cut wires to change direction of servo?

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
I'm not sure that can be done. Someone else may have tried. I do have two brand new servo motors in my shop. If you need one I'd let it go for cheap. PM me.

I broke the mounts for the power valve cables and wanted to see if the could be mounted on the right side the holes look the same can this be done with out having to cut wires to change direction of servo?

Premium Features