• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 rmk 800 whats wrong HELP!!!!

R
Dec 25, 2008
Have this sled when i am riding it will hesitate at around 60 mph and at some times it will do a quick bog when in powder the dealers have no idea why and the check engine lite comes on. When the lite is on nothing is showing wrong.
Thanks for your help

D
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, WA
Check with your local dealer on Polaris' fix to all problems like this, no matter if you have warranty or not. Bulletin should be posted in about 30 days or less, parts should be avaliable shortly after. If your dealer says they know nothing, tell them to look harder, polaris just released this info. as of yesterday Noon CT.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Have this sled when i am riding it will hesitate at around 60 mph and at some times it will do a quick bog when in powder the dealers have no idea why and the check engine lite comes on. When the lite is on nothing is showing wrong.
Thanks for your help

The hesitation/bog might be a mid-range lean condition. That last update/re-map was suppose to richen it up in the mid-range to solve that??

My 2007 D-7 use to almost shut-off between 5000-6000, after the dealer installed the fuel /vapor seperator that was suppose to fix it but made no noticeable difference at all, I solved it with a PC III and richening it up 5-7% in the mid-range.

Hope this helps.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I guess I'm asking others, but there is a known issue with voltage regulators in early builds. What happens when the regulator is going out? I'm wondering if this "issue" has anything to do with something like this.

S

Super B

Dec 26, 2002
Monticello, MN
www.rooost.ca
I guess I'm asking others, but there is a known issue with voltage regulators in early builds. What happens when the regulator is going out? I'm wondering if this "issue" has anything to do with something like this.

When my regulator went out, the engine performance was not affected. The only sign that I saw was the MFD went blank. When I saw that, I knew I was in trouble! We tried to book it out of the backcountry before it went. But, we were not too sucessful.

Premium Features