• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 m8 sno pro limited. WHat aftermarket

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
Only ridden the sled 80 miles and really like it. Just trying to figure out what aftermarkets to start with. I ordered left hand throttle, and 2 inch riser. I want to get skid plate and some vents to get the heat out, rear rack, regeared and clutching. SLP pipe -y pipe and can.

anyone have some suggestion on what brands/location to but vents,skid plate, Clutching gearing setup. Anything else to make this thing run awsome. who makes the better airbox timbersled or BDX? any other tips,tricks,suggestions.

thanks

B
Nov 26, 2007
ak
speedwerx

stay with speedwerx....there stuff is always better than slp...fit and finish+hp.. fastlane or cpc side vents. bdx air box. start there and u should be happy.

M
Feb 5, 2009
Only ridden the sled 80 miles and really like it. Just trying to figure out what aftermarkets to start with. I ordered left hand throttle, and 2 inch riser. I want to get skid plate and some vents to get the heat out, rear rack, regeared and clutching. SLP pipe -y pipe and can.

anyone have some suggestion on what brands/location to but vents,skid plate, Clutching gearing setup. Anything else to make this thing run awsome. who makes the better airbox timbersled or BDX? any other tips,tricks,suggestions.

thanks

Here's what I'm running. Boss Highrise seat, MBRP can(IMO, best can on the market, light and sounds amazing), Summit Seeker Ice Scratchers, AMP Belt Deflection Kit(Makes changing belt and adjusting deflection a snap), AMP Riser block w/ forward adjustment, AMP Gauge Cage(allows you to veiw your gauge while standing and vents hot air like crazy!), FastLane Side Vents, SnoBujie Lefthand Throttle(easy disconnects), and the Arctic Cat Gas Rack. The AMP stuff you can find at Aftermarketproducts.com Check out the site. Really quality stuff. Hope that helps you out. I've got the same sled, 1250 miles on it this year and no complaints. Your gonna love it!

M
Feb 5, 2009
with the sno pro don't you have the adjustable riser. So you don't need the 2" riser.

All the M's have the telescopic system but fully raised the bars sit fairly far back. I just installed AMP's riser which not only gives you an additional 2" rise, but also corrects stock bars position by moving the bars an inch and a half forward. Much more rider friendly position even if you don't need the extra height.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
doubt slp intake works as good as speedwerx, bdx, or timbersled intakes, you get what you pay for. Im sure its better than stock, but i think it is just a bigger area into the stock airbox, and the others remove the stock airbox and lose like 8 lbs. The slp doesnt require fuel mods though.

I would recommend either the amp gauge cage or some vents for beside your speedo, they really get the hot air out. Be careful with cans, i have heard of a lot of people getting pretty bad bogs on the m8's especially the mbrp. I ran the super q and had no problems and i installed the slp pipe kit today, but havent rode with it yet:( Boss seats are awesome and worth the money, and some new skis wouldnt hurt anything, slp powder pros or sly dogs are probably the most popular. BDX makes a solid gear that is rated to a way higher hp than the stock gears, and i have heard good things about the RK tek clutch kit.

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
anyone have a good clutching setup if i go with the SLP pipe BDX airbox and regear with 57/63 or 54/66. I think i got the list of everything im gonna order

AMP riser and the belt deflection adjuster
fastlane vents
Slidekicks ice scratchers
SLP pipe,y pipe and can
Black diamond, Gear set, rollers, BDX box

Somekind of dash vents, COuld i just use 2 inch flowrites for dash vents? and clutching as needed. Anything else? I also ordered cover, left hand throttle,gas rack. already

thanks

Last edited:

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
i was looking at that amp gauge cage. Lokks cool does it make reading the speedo imposible while seated? Also does it make the engine noise real loud? My old edge with 2 2ich lowrites and 1 4 inch flowrites brought a bunch of engine noise into your face

thanks

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
My LE came with the 44/40 helix. It wouldn't hold the rpm's in a climb. I purchased the RK-TEK 38/36 secondary, the rpm's held on the climbs and it seemed a little faster up the hill. I had a little issue with reverse not engaging all the time, and after talking to a few people I tried the stock straight 36 helix. 1 trip without the RK-TEK is all it took to realize the difference. RK-TEK is an awesome secondary it makes you go alot faster up the hill. But the deflection has to be perfect for reverse to engage.

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
i doubt if ill have all this stuff i want before the years over but i can research and buy as i can afford it.

thanks everyone for suggestions. Want the best running sled in my group

Last edited:
M
Feb 5, 2009
The Guage Cage acts like flow rites in your dash. You'd be suprised how much air hot air comes out. It does make it a little tougher to read while seated, only slightly, but makes all the difference in the world while standing. Personally I'm always standing, so for me it's a no brainer. I've got the MBRP can on both my M8 and M7 and there are 4 other M's in my group who all run the MBRP can, no bog! The only time my sled bogs is when it's shoulder deep in pow or when I accidently put 91 in the tank. 87 runs way better on stock setups, and that's what Cat recommends. Looks like you got some good ideas. Hope your sled turns out as good as it's starting to sound.

B
Jan 20, 2009
I know what you mean about the riser on the telescoping post, I want 2" aswell. Everything sounds spot on. Would you need a BD box with the pipe and intake tho?

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
My LE came with the 44/40 helix. It wouldn't hold the rpm's in a climb. I purchased the RK-TEK 38/36 secondary, the rpm's held on the climbs and it seemed a little faster up the hill. I had a little issue with reverse not engaging all the time, and after talking to a few people I tried the stock straight 36 helix. 1 trip without the RK-TEK is all it took to realize the difference. RK-TEK is an awesome secondary it makes you go alot faster up the hill. But the deflection has to be perfect for reverse to engage.

That is X2 for the RKT secondary. I had it on my old 07 M8 and wow amazing up hill pull, i had the 38/36 too. When i took it off to sell the sled i couldn't believe the difference. Get the RKT you will be very happy!!:beer;

Premium Features