• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 m8 A-arms what do you like or have?

T
Oct 14, 2008
Buhl idaho
i tagged a tree the other day and the a-arms are a bit bent on the right side. i was just wondering what people have put on their sleds and what they thought about them. stock or aftermarket?

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
I had some holz arms on my m7 after bending a few sets of stockers. I didnt have much experience with them before it got ripped off, but i really did like the design. The only thing that bothered me about them is if you bent one side... you'd have to buy anotehr full set (i think) I was thinkin about some skids, or fastlane arms next time for my 09. I was thinking that maybe the X brace on the lower, might help out with how easy they twist... Either way, im not buying that the front ends of our M chassis are "tough". I tweaked the one side of my 09 second ride out this season. I have bent a few sets before, so i know how easy they bend, but was surprised to see mine lacking castor, and all the paint comming off at the welds... Let us know which way you decide

I have been having a problem with my lower a arms twisting. on my 2nd set and the sled is only 4 months old, was looking at the holz racing set but i am unsure about the upper arm only being a single tube has any body tried them out.

M
Dec 6, 2008
Ive got fastlanes and so far they have taken some pretty good hits. The x is a very strong design, however depending on snow conditions there can be some build up on top of the x. I'd be interested to see the actual weight savings.

Just took a look at the fastlane arms they look good, i think i will try them next. the lower is very similar to the skid arms, but i like the design of the upper arm it looks very stout. after 2 sets of stock arms i am suggesting aftermarket, or maybe i should take some riding lessons.

Last edited:
Z

ZRman31

Sep 8, 2008
Negaunee, Mi
i had also gone through my fair share of lowers. I tend to use the rule " if its smaller round then a beer can, its traction" alittle to much i think. I was looking at the fastlanes, but am going to take a look at the ZBROZ.

i tagged a tree the other day and the a-arms are a bit bent on the right side. i was just wondering what people have put on their sleds and what they thought about them. stock or aftermarket?

I hope you added the dog bone support to the A-arm bolts, its the one under the air box, if not you may want to do some close inspection on the mounting holes. just an FYI.

Premium Features