• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'09 hcr

CANNONMAN

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado/Wisconsin
www.thundermountainlodge.net
Kind of had my heart set on buying a "09 M8 Sno Pro but just came across what I believe to be a killer deal on a new '09 HCR for $8000. Any reports or comments about the HCR? Has it turned out to be a good sled? Most of my riding is in the CO backcountry boondocking. Whoever has one what do you think of them? Thanks

D

Diesel

Nov 26, 2007
I have an 09 HCR and love it! The wider ski stance is better boondocking and sidehillin in my mind(don't know why). It rides better too. My 09 has a PG turbo on it and I'm selling it to build a 2010 turbo HCR. That price is a very good one.

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
The wider stance is the reason I didnt look at one.

In terms of carving and sidehilling, IMO narrower is a plus.......

Some claim the HCR's ran better then the stock M8's not sure if theres any truth to that

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I have one, we converted it back to a normal M8 stance & would GLADLY trade the 90 duro track for an 80... in other words, I would have preferred a normal M8.

I've owned 6 M's now with 5 different tracks & the best one for me is the 80 duro PC (141 or 153)

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
I have one and have been extremely happy with it. I moved the ski stance to its narrowest position. I have an 09 TM8 153" also. I really can not tell any difference in the few inch wider stance the HCR has. Sidehilling is a breeze. I have ridden the sleds back to back and the difference is nil, IMO. The track is a little stiffer, no doubt. What is interesting in regards to the track was how well it actually worked. Yes the 80 Duro track is a little better on those DEEP days, but there were a number of days the 90 Duro track worked better than the 80 Duro track. Those days when the snow was a little heavier and chewed up. Again My 02.

I would not hesitate getting another HCR. Again, My 02.

Sam

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I have one and have been extremely happy with it. I moved the ski stance to its narrowest position. I have an 09 TM8 153" also. I really can not tell any difference in the few inch wider stance the HCR has. Sidehilling is a breeze. I have ridden the sleds back to back and the difference is nil, IMO. The track is a little stiffer, no doubt. What is interesting in regards to the track was how well it actually worked. Yes the 80 Duro track is a little better on those DEEP days, but there were a number of days the 90 Duro track worked better than the 80 Duro track. Those days when the snow was a little heavier and chewed up. Again My 02.

I would not hesitate getting another HCR. Again, My 02.

Sam

Sam, I need to get over there this year and ride your sampler package! LOL
DB

Last edited:
S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Sam, I need to get over there this year and ride your sampler package! LOL
DB

LOL Where were you last year????? Did not see you once. I guess you did not want to "slum" with us.

It should be a fun year. I added a TM1200 to the stable and we are redoing the Apex. Mid mount, tunnel, 174", skid and a few other goodies.

Keep in touch.

Sam

Premium Features