• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 or 09 800 Turbo's

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
Did anyone still have piston problems when running a turbo and which turbo's were you running?

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i wouldnt say i had a piston problem.... i swapped out my pistons at 1000 miles and there was a little scoring on the back sides of them (no detonation tho) have 1200 plus on the new pistons and they still look flawless

S

SnoShark

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado
I heard of one 08 800, with a boondocker I believe, that had some problems here in CO. I'm sure there are a few that will pop up.

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
No issues here or with any of the ones I installed with a full hard season of ridding BD kits.

There has been some factory issues and if you have any of those problems you need to get them taken care of turbo or non turbo the turbo's don't have the factory lean spot that some talk about.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
No issues here or with any of the ones I installed with a full hard season of ridding BD kits.

There has been some factory issues and if you have any of those problems you need to get them taken care of turbo or non turbo the turbo's don't have the factory lean spot that some talk about.

"Factory issues" as in 5 set's of pistons in 800 miles, I have 40 miles on the newest set and am waiting on the "fix". How close to sea level have your kit's been run? RG is not a issue if it'll give me more reliability!

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
I have a few customers in Norway& Sweeden this year that ran close to sea level. I recommend some race but in your area that gets pretty spendy so allot of turbo kits I sold in AK run AV Gas and have no issues as AV is easy to come by in your area.

On the fix curious is your dealer just slapping pistons and cly on and hoping this is going to fix your issues??? Sounds like you have a gremin or you are hitting that stupid lean spot but 40 miles makes me think you have a underlying problem that is causing your problems I will send you a PM to try and help you out.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
"Factory issues" as in 5 set's of pistons in 800 miles, I have 40 miles on the newest set and am waiting on the "fix". How close to sea level have your kit's been run? RG is not a issue if it'll give me more reliability!

Has the fuel filter been replaced? If not, I would do it asap. Also the voltage reg./ ECU will cause it to be stupid lean if they are fubar.

Premium Features