• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 M1000 dies on long climb ? any one have this happen

ronniehotdogg

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
08 M1000 dies on long climb ? any one have this prob. all stock

Last edited:
G
Dec 17, 2002
North Bend, Washington
pull the pipe and look at the pistons, my guess is you wont like what you see!!!! saw this just last week and last year, both times they needed a new top end, so pull off the intake and take it back to the dealer...if its still under Warr.

ronniehotdogg

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
the sled came out ok a few hood, guage , and head light dings.
I just dont want this in the back of my mind next time I go for one.

fixit

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Mountain City, NV
Big Air Intake

I have a '05 M7 with the stock exhaust and a big air intake. It flat out RIPS! Runs so well that I put one on my '07 M1000. PROBLEM: I have a D&D Ypipe and Can on the 1000. Siezed on a long wide open pull 3 weeks ago and again yesterday. Three weeks ago the piston had a 4 point sieze, so I figured I hadn't got her warmed up enough.... it was 4 deg that norning. So I left the exhaust and intake alone. Ran awesome for 150 miles in Idaho at 3500-6000'... figured that I was safe for sure! Yesterday I was climbing Jacks Peak @ 8500' trying to get to the top (Steep and DEEP), a good 3 min wot pull with a few blips of the throttle negociating trees. When it siezed, the hood and side panels were melting. She was definately warmed up! So I guess I will put the stock Ypipe back on and cross my fingers!

Does anybody have a line on a fuel control box for the M1000?
Good Luck,
John

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
u cant run a intake or y pipe with no box without some sleds baking.
wow,thats 1 steep hill ronnie.

Last edited:
S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
well sometimes i type crap before knowing what really happened:).id pull y pipe and look first.maybe it didnt stick a piston.:beer;good luck.there known to stick and then start right up and run.

Last edited:
E

ESCAPE TIME

Dec 8, 2003
Lethbridge, AB
I had the same thing happen to me last spring,07 M1000,sled just shut off,no sputter or caugh,it was a write off,so I bought it back and rebuilt it from tunnel to bulkhead.I do know the feeling you were talking about,I will never forget the "Titanic" feeling,just as long as you weren't hurt,that's my thoughts.My so called cure was going from a BD box to a PL box......ET.

ronniehotdogg

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
fish3.jpg

fish7.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features