• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07' M8 Coolant leak

D

dgwarr69

Feb 22, 2009
Trout Lake, WA
Anybody else have a similar problem. I cant figure out where the coolant is leaking from except that it is somewhere behind pull-start recoil housing. I have not gone any further than pulling the pipe and can. Any help would be appreciated.

offroadmatt

Lifetime Membership
Feb 16, 2008
Sweetwater, CO
Bet it is probably coming from the big hose from the right coolant heat exchanger to the engine. The hose probably chaffed through on the frame and is leaking from there. I caught mine before it got to bad and put some wire loom on it. The 09 comes stock with the loom. If its not that I sprung a leak from the little brass fitting with a 90 degree bend coming off the water pump. Thing cracked in the bend. Took me forever to find ended up rigging up a tool to pressurize the coolant system. Either of the two leaks I couldn't see without tipping the sled up on its side and removing the belly plate. Hope it helps.

N

neilson

Sep 22, 2008
Eastern Sierra
I recently spent a few days tracing a coolant leak in that area, as after each ride there would be coolant drips all over the top of the motor. I eventually traced it back to the hose that feeds back up to the top of the reservoir. It looked like it had been rubbing against the pull start cord. Replaced and put some hard hose guard over the spot near the cord.

D

dgwarr69

Feb 22, 2009
Trout Lake, WA
Still trying to figure this forum thing out. Thanks for the responses fellas. I found the leak today, it was the breather line from the top of the head to the coolant bottle. Replaced and covered with a wire lume for protection. Thanks again.

Premium Features