• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 M8 Air Intake - Ideas?!

S
Oct 22, 2011
So as a lot of us know the intake on the M8 can very easily be opened up to give it some more breathing room. Particularly, where the bellow at the front connects to the lower air box. The connection is much smaller than it needs to be. I have seen the replacement piece, that looks exactly the same as the factory one, only it has a bigger diameter. I like that idea. Simple and effective.

Have people made their own? I don't really see the point of spending $60 on a piece of plastic just to simply have a bigger hole lol. Gotta be some home-made fixes out there. Post away your ideas please. Might do a Home Depot trip and see what I can find. Seems like a tube of silicone, some screws and some sort of "round thing" will work just fine.

Post up pics or a description of what you have done please! Thanks!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
So as a lot of us know the intake on the M8 can very easily be opened up to give it some more breathing room. Particularly, where the bellow at the front connects to the lower air box. The connection is much smaller than it needs to be.

Are you selling something here???:eyebrows::eyebrows:

On the M8, any of the mods you're mentioning will lose power. Making the intake tube wider gains nothing.

The m8 does not need "breathing room".

The SLP intake mods work well, other than that, you're wasting time & money.

S
Oct 22, 2011
Lol I'll always sell something. What u need?! I'll see what I can find for ya.

Thanks for the advice! I'll leave it as is then I suppose. Maybe a frogzskin for under the hood intake just when it gets really deep!!

Premium Features