• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 900 rmk+ 02 800 edge

R

rmk8001

Oct 27, 2008
i have a 06 900 rmk and a 03 edge 800. the 9's motor is kind of not right. was thinking about dropping the 8 from the edge chassis into the 9 chassis. is this possible and if so what is needed and what is involved. thank you in advance

mtnclimber19

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2008
Sheridan, wy
I'm pretty sure SLP used to make a motor mount plate and a pipe for putting an older 800 motor into a 600 iq chassis, so I assume it can be done. Not sure if you would have to change the gas tank though.

S

sykosledhead

Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WY
I'm working on it now.. I have to design a new enginer plate and yes the old injector gas tank has to be changed to the fuel pump draw type. You also will need to change/modify the steering post set up. This is doable project but not a simple change over. The motor mounts for the nine is totally different from the older or newer types. It involves some fabbing with mill and breaking plate. Pipes will need to be doctored quite a bit too.

I'll try to post some pics.
syko

Last edited:
Premium Features