• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 900 drop and roll

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
Well... anything is possible.. but not very likely....

The rear motormounts and jackshaft carrier are a die cast 1 piece part....
Makes this pretty unlikely that you will pull it off.

I did it on a 05'
top and bottom shafts down 1 inch
and moved bottom drive shaft back 1.5 inches
made my own top pto side mount. works great and definitely
give you more space in the tunnel, as well as a better attack angle.

:D

sled3 001.jpg sled3 002.jpg sled3 004.jpg

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Definately nice work ! Very nice...

I've only seen 3 or 4 on the 2005's which come with an 11.35" chaincase.

I don't think it would work on the MY 2006 900/700 RMK's that have the 8.373" chaincase though. The 2006 Jackshaft is about 3" closer to the bulkhead already (the driveshaft is in the same place in the tunnel). The PTO side Bearing-mount is much closer to the bulkhead...

You would be cutting into the mount/bulkhead itself on the 2006.

DMJ1, Looks like you had to notch the bulkhead for the rotor, weld in a plate for the notch,weld in a patch plate for the PTO side top and bottom , Remove & Cut the motor mount Pto side, weld in a patch plate on the tunnel on both sides, locate and re-drill both sides lower, fab and install a lower chaincase protector "bucket" and move the skid back by 1.5"+.

This is Beautiful work!!!!

IYO... how "doable" is this by most? Would you trust/pay your local dealer to do the work?

Last edited:
D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
DMJ1, Looks like you had to notch the bulkhead for the rotor, weld in a plate for the notch,weld in a patch plate for the PTO side top and bottom , Remove & Cut the motor mount Pto side, weld in a patch plate on the tunnel on both sides, locate and re-drill both sides lower, fab and install a lower chaincase protector "bucket" and move the skid back by 1.5"+.

This is Beautiful work!!!!

IYO... how "doable" is this by most? Would you trust/pay your local dealer to do the work?[/QUOTE]

Yep it is not stock any more lol!!

i never trust any dealer to work on my stuff!!
if don't know how to do it i find a way.
at least if i screw it up i can only blame my self lol!
i also built my own chromoly a arms,spindles( to come this year) steering post and cooler.
Terra alps bent up tunnel and did porting to cylinders for me.:beer;:beer;

sled3 011.jpg

Last edited:
D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
Wow ... better than new.

Where did you learn your skills?

self learned . Years ago I was lucky to have some old timers show me the basics of machining and welding and went from there. :D

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
WOW...excellent work..those a-arms can take out a pole...them babies are thick..i love'em....

great work...what else you have in store for that baby..turbo?? :)

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
actually the a arms are built out of 0.048" thick 4130 chromoly steel
turbo is definitely in the back of my mind !

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
self learned . Years ago I was lucky to have some old timers show me the basics of machining and welding and went from there. :D

Cool me too! :beer;:beer;Now I have lots cool tools CNC, waterjet, ect! Happy to help if you ever have a need !

Premium Features