• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 600 Crossfire input needed.

T
Jan 3, 2008
Park Rapids, MN
I'm looking at getting an 06 600 Crossfire. I don't know much about this sled, so I need some input on the good, the bad, and the ugly. What's the track length, do thaey come with diamond drive? thanks in advance.

G

GI4now

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 19, 2008
Fairbanks
06 Crossfire 600

I have an 06 Crossfire 600 and have been very happy with it. With that said I upgraded to an M8 for mountain riding. I still use my Crossfire as a trail sled, backup sled, and loaner sled for friends. It comes with a 136x1x1.25 inch track that will let you play in the powder, but it's not enough track to climb with. I have about 2000 miles on mine and have done little more than change the belt and it's running great. If you plan on trail riding or ditch banging, but want a sled that can handle the powder the crossfire is a good choice. If you think your going to spend most of your time playing in the steep and deep I'd look at an M sled. Hope this helps.

G
Nov 28, 2008
MN
I have the 06 crossfire 700 and ride the flat lands in the UP of Michigan where we a lot of lake effect snow. The 2006 crossfire is the 141 inch M series chassie with the wider fire cat a-arms, sway bar, bigger gas tank, and trail gearing. It comes stock with 136 inch 1.25 rip saw. The track is a very good trail track and dose ok in deep snow on flat ground. It flat out sucks for hill climbing. it chainsaws too much for big climbs. The stock clutching is also terrible from the factory, and the oil pump is set way too fat. (at least on the 700). It will be a great back up sled or spring riding sled. If I was you I would swap the track out to 2 inch paddle, ditch the sway bar, clutch it and call it a day. Just doing the track swap will make a huge difference in its deep snow performance.

Premium Features