• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 M7 runs like crap above 1/2 throttle

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Just bought the sled a few months ago. Has been running great till a few days ago. Runs like crap now above 1/2 throttle......breaks up, stutters, and won't make full rpms. Pulled the plugs, they had a lot of deposits on them so I changed them. No difference. Sled only has about 800 miles on it. Pulled the power valves because I thought they might be the culprit. They were dirty but I didn't think they were that bad. Haven't taken it back out again yet. Was thinking what else it could be if it still ran bad.......TPS?? Power valves seemed to actuate OK when I ran it after cleaning them.

Jan 27, 2009
I had the same problem with my sled and it turned out to be the power valve cables. Had checked everything: powervalves, clutch, sensors, ECU everything. But the cables were fraying. Worth looking into.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
I had the same problem with my sled and it turned out to be the power valve cables. Had checked everything: powervalves, clutch, sensors, ECU everything. But the cables were fraying. Worth looking into.

Thanks for the tip.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Disconnected cables from servo motor. Good smooth movement on both sides. Time to take it for a test ride I guess.

S

Shelfrost

Nov 28, 2007
Chetwynd, BC, Canada
Adjust the cable length to 34.5 mm. Take them off servo motor, pull them a couple of times, lightly pull up the slack and measure the cable length that stick out of the sleeve to the underside of the lug. Makes a huge difference.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Adjust the cable length to 34.5 mm. Take them off servo motor, pull them a couple of times, lightly pull up the slack and measure the cable length that stick out of the sleeve to the underside of the lug. Makes a huge difference.

Thanks for that measurement. I was wondering about that.

Premium Features