• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 M7 LE running poorly

L
Aug 29, 2008
CT
when cold everything functions normally the first pull up a hill... After its warm it goes into limp mode or seems like it. No codes have been set. The servo motor opens normally at higher rpm then shuts even if throttle is pinned. Since we have my M7 that is identical other than not an LE we have swapped parts. started with servo motor, then coil, cpu , voltage regulator and now stator. Had the dealer test and called the factory so we bought a new voltage regulator. That didnt work so we took it back and they said stator. But before we spent 600 bucks we pulled mine out to try it first. Same result. The sled runs leaner on one side according to plugs. We moved the injectors around to test that as well. Both injectors are close to 3 ohms. We are lost at this point any ideas????? also sled is stock.

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
my friends would do the same it would run fine for a few mins then go into limp. it was a tailight short. let it sit and it was fine.

Premium Features