• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 iqr ?????

A
Apr 30, 2008
Anch, AK
Just bought a 05 IQR 440 for my lady friend. What do I need to know? I ride a doo 440/800 mod that constantly needs attention so I am not afraid to get dirty so tell me what I need to check and replace. I also need some clutch info if anyone has some ( what spring to run, weight etccc). If anyone has a bumper or hood for a IQR let me know I am in the market for one. My first Polaris so we will see how it goes.

M

MNSLEDNECK56308

Nov 21, 2007
Alex MN
I hope she is strong, as they don't turn the without a little muscle. I assume you are trail riding this? Shorter spindles help out some on the turning, larger gas tank, oil injection, revalve shocks, softer shock springs. After market hoods are BR Tech or mountain fit. Just a few ideas to get you started!

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
05 or 06 I'm not sure but one of them poo tried to get more water flow by changing the gear on the crank and it turned into a grenade, stripped the crank gear and fried the bearings alot , check out that you don't have that motor if you do get a 600 complete in there or she's guna kick your ***(literally)

A
Apr 30, 2008
Anch, AK
It is a 05 but has a 06 440 with low comp head and the big tank on it, I premix all my sleds it is just easier and I know there is always oil. I am going to rebuild the shocks and re-valve as soft as I can, I will also get some new torsion springs that will soften it up. I need to get some clutch info if anyone has some to give as to what spring to run etcc...

Fast_XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Go to Hardcoresledder.com and under the polaris section is a 440/race section that will answer all of your questions on trail conversions, things to inspect/change, shock valving, etc. The 06 440 is the problematic one, and requires a drip tank or something similar on the center bearing/water pump drive, as they are not lubicated sufficiently from the pre-mix alone.
Neil

Premium Features