• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03 900 mc using way to much oil

G
Apr 29, 2010
Check the adjustment on the cable. It could also be stuck wide open. Didn't have that problem with my King, but had a similar problem with another sled. Had to loosen the cable adjustment to lean it out.

C
Dec 3, 2007
Alberta
Like to ask the same ? how do you test the pump?
Im working on a buddys sled that is doing the opposite & barley uses any oil.
The cable, pump lever moves freely. Oil comes out the bleed screw. I pulled the pump & checked the shaft to crank, it turns when rotating primary.
I see in the parts fiche there is check valves on top & bottom of pump, what are they for? Can they cause issues?

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
When you say not use much or using to much.... What are your mix ratios coming out to be after a ride. Fill the fuel and oil res or mark them both, ride and then measure how much fuel and oil is required to get back to starting point. I think the factory says 40:1 but I run a little heavier than that. Don't quote me on the mix ratio check your sled specs.

Also are your oil pumps lined up with the hash mark at idle and WFO? If not adjust or replace cable. It may have stretched over the years. If all else fails do an oil delete, split the case open and drill between the cylinders to get oil on the h20 shaft. Hope this helps or maybe you guys can provide some data so we can figure out how fat or thin your sleds are truely running. I may be wrong but I don't think these sled are notorious for oil pump failure. I think it is usually adjustment or cable related

Premium Features