• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M Series Head light Vents

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Looks good, what materials did you use? Also, I like the idea of putting the small lights behind them so they still work with the hood. I'm curious how and what you mounted the lights to. I just put a single fog lamp on the thin sheet metal just below the steering post.

cat08m8

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2008
to mount the lights i used 3/4 by 1/8 flat and just set the lights on some soup cans and bent the brackets till it fit flat the out side of the lights i used some plastic then the screen i got from menards...... pain in the but but it should let a sone of air in thats for sure

U

Uller

Nov 26, 2007
Greater NW
Cat08M8- Could you be more specific as to the type of plastic you used for the frame part? Where did you get it?

I really like those vents btw.

cat08m8

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2008
the plastic i got at the hardwear store i would say its around an 1/8 thick i guess i dont what to tell ya very flexable the template sucks but now i have one and can improve the next set

E
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane WA
I saw Bill fom mountain fit at denver last week, and i saw his new headlight vent. Looks real simular, and both look good by the way. Do you know if the frame material is and abs, or what?

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
I really like the lights behind the screen. Nice job!:beer; How far back are the lights from the openings? The only problem I could see is if the lights were to far back they might not put out enough to see very far.

cat08m8

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2008
they are about 3 inches in just by hooking a battary up to them they seem like they should be ok but who knows when ya get out west in the trees......

2fun4u

Feb 20, 2002
Mountain Home, ID
www.2coolairvents.com
We just got ours done and installed also. Seems everyone has a good idea at the same time. :) Aluminum framed.

attachment.php

:) 2fun

Headlight blockoff (600 x 450).jpg

cat08m8

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2008
wow i like those better than mine way cleaner thatn cutting them out of plastic and a sicissors haha nice job are those home made or.....production deal??

Premium Features