• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BDE Bumper Kit on 1M Chassis

P

ProKlim

Dec 10, 2007
North Dakota
I'd also like to see, do you use the stock snowflap??? Where did he get his? Could you send me some pics also? gregerson@q.com thanks

He got his right from BDX: http://www.bd-xtreme.com He is not going to use the stock snowflap, I'm sure you could make a bracket somehow to mount it, but I believe he is going with an aftermarket long one something like van amburg makes. I will probably be posting some pics later on this weekend hopefully if I can get some. Hope this helps.
Trent

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Trent,

Thanks for helping me out with the pics...

Mike
BD-Xtrm

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
It is taking too long to get pics. The snow is flying here in Idaho.

I have a great idea. Mike, send me a kit and I will put it on my sled this weekend. In exchange, I will provide high resolution pictures (with excellent contrast and back lighting) from all angles, close ups...oh yeah, they will be in color too ;)

Cheers!
--Chris

P

ProKlim

Dec 10, 2007
North Dakota
Well here are some pictures of Darin's sled. They might not be the best pictures, but they will have to do since everyone is anxious to see:beer;. I believe he is also going to be putting a Van Amburg snow flap on as well which should look pretty sweet.

I also like Perk's idea, Mike if you want to go ahead and send me a bumper kit, PM me for my address lol:D

PB080010.jpg

PB080011.jpg

PB080012.jpg

PB080013.jpg

PB080014.jpg

PB080016.jpg

PB080017.jpg

PB080019.jpg

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I guess SLP did not license them from BDX then.

I have not gotten mine yet so nothing to report.

Just an FYI SLP is a good customer of ours, they are reselling our bumper kits. They carry our full line.

Mike
BDX

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
We do have them in stock in natural color, we did one in our shop this weekend I will post pics tomorrow as well.

P

ProKlim

Dec 10, 2007
North Dakota
We were looking at that to. I think what Darin is going to do is get a piece of aluminum and bend it over for better support and to mount/hold the snowflap up. That and the rear bumper should hit the ground or snow before the cooler does, as long as it isn't something really sharp or hard enough to catch it really good. Or at least we hope:D. But don't get me wrong, it does hang down like you mentioned. Maybe I will post some pics when he gets the piece bent up and his snowflap mounted.
Mike, what is your input on this?

Trent

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
Is it just me? I dont see where all the support for the rear cooler was with the stock bumper. Shouldnt this be the same?

P

ProKlim

Dec 10, 2007
North Dakota
Is it just me? I dont see where all the support for the rear cooler was with the stock bumper. Shouldnt this be the same?

Are you talking about the triangular pieces on the sides? If so, they were cut off, you can kind of see it on the last pic. I think they were cut off because when the stock bumper is mounted, the bolts that held the bumper on went through the brace. And I think since the BDX bumper was put on, the braces didn't serve much of a purpose?? Maybe Mike will let us in on his secret:D

Trent

K
Sep 19, 2008
Bismarck, ND
I think those brackets are definatly required as far as im concerened because if by chance not real likely with the bumper hanging out but very possible that is going to hit it and put pressure put on in and its gunna rock back because its basically teetering on that lip that the rivits are in and without support on the bottom back edge it will pull your hoses off and then you have problems. Ill have to post some pictures of mine if my parts ever get cut out because im making my own kit with some vanamburg tunnel edges and some homemade brackets to support the cooler and a custom rear bumper after i tapered the tunnel.

Premium Features