• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My turbo Nytro summmer project

S

Snowfix

Nov 29, 2007
Calgary
Lots of work but now that i have the finished product it was worth it. The list of parts seems endless but primarily it is a Powderlites stage III, M10 with CR rails, CR tunnel, Bark buster front end, GYTR shocks, Maverick 16x162. Motor upgraded with Corrillo rods, JE pistons, and stiffer valve springs thanks to Quantum Velocity. Everything else I did myself.

I know black has been done before, but it's hard to beat black and chrome.

Bring on the snow!!

Nytro003.jpg

Nytro006.jpg

Nytro005.jpg

W

woodies

chit thats a nice sled i'm in the middle of my build and having lots of grief getting parts!how did the m-10 bolt in is it complete kit or what hard to get answers!

S

Snowfix

Nov 29, 2007
Calgary
chit thats a nice sled i'm in the middle of my build and having lots of grief getting parts!how did the m-10 bolt in is it complete kit or what hard to get answers!

The M10 was a 121 from Teamfast, and then of course rails from Chad at CR. Chad also sells the mounting brackets and the correct shafts/spacers as a kit.

P
Nov 28, 2007
in a town
that is by far the nicest looking nytro i have seen and exactly the way i would do my nytro if i owned one...:beer;:beer; and i like how you actually put your bars forward not like all these guys with the bars tilted back like a trail rider...

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
I really wish the Fly's would have worked on mine, they looked slicked...for a day!

I also can't stand the bars tilted back... Feel so much more comfy with them forward.

S

Snowfix

Nov 29, 2007
Calgary
Thanks guys,

Not sure how many pounds I shaved off. If I find a scale I want to weigh it wet just to know.

I used a CR Racing gauge bracket. I'll snap a pick later tonight and post it.

My bars are the replacement ones yamaha sent me for my Apex. I still had to machine the top FLY brackets a smig to get them to fit. I also ground down the welds on the FLY adapter so I could get the risers as tight as possible

I've just done a straight pipe off the turbo. I'm hoping it is not too loud, but if it is I'll change it to tunnel dump. My Apex MCX had nothing really to speak of for a muffler and it was quiet I thought

Last edited:
T

Tookes

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage
That CR tunnels and M10 skids are freaking sweeeeet together!!! :D

Snowfix, did you use screen over the headlight area? if so, can you post a close up pic, thanks.

S

Snowfix

Nov 29, 2007
Calgary
That CR tunnels and M10 skids are freaking sweeeeet together!!! :D

Snowfix, did you use screen over the headlight area? if so, can you post a close up pic, thanks.

I used the headlight as a mold and bent the screen to fit on the inside. Then I hot glued it on. I'll snap a photo tonight and post a close up.

Originally I was going to leave the light, but in the end I decided I wanted all the cooling I could get for the Rad and the intercooler, especially with the powderlites turbo using watercooling too.

T

Tookes

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage
I used the headlight as a mold and bent the screen to fit on the inside. Then I hot glued it on. I'll snap a photo tonight and post a close up.

Originally I was going to leave the light, but in the end I decided I wanted all the cooling I could get for the Rad and the intercooler, especially with the powderlites turbo using watercooling too.

Thanks that would be great, what kind of screen?

M
Nov 26, 2007
W. WA
Very nice...are the rails 159" live axle rails set back a bit?...approach angle looks better than billet 162" I have...I like it

S

Snowfix

Nov 29, 2007
Calgary
The screen is off a grain cleaner. Small squares about 1/4 in size.

The rails are CR Racing 162" with no live axle.

CR Racing gauge bracket is the only way to go.

Nytro119.jpg

Nytro120.jpg

Premium Features