• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Rmk Bumper And Front End Part #'s Pics And Prices

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Total cost about $410 for the parts

EDIT Nov 2008: Polaris has "updated" pricing... looks to be about $500...see later posts in this thread

Also, FasTrax Motorsports is offering a special deal on the plastic parts if you buy the package of plastic and thier bumper assy...

http://www.ftxmotorsports.com/

It looks like Polaris kept the price down on repairing your screwed up front end and replacing all of the plastic including the fenders.

Convert your 2006 600HO, All 2007 and 2008 Non-Racer IQ's to the new style.

Update to the 2009 parts...The parts will be available in Late August thru your dealer

You can re-use your current side panels.

AND

You MAY be able to install this on the 900... I have not tried it yet... The only concern is if the assembly is too narrow for the intake... If it fits, you would only be able to use this setup with a Fire N Ice air box (my personal preference), or Timbersled you would have to scrap your SLP, TCP, VE or Fabcraft intakes to fit the bumper.

I still strongly believe that this system will be better than the 2008 and earlier setups, but not as good as the TriCity Performance (TCP) bumper at protecting the front end. I'm sure that Max and Dustin At TCP have a few tricks/ideas up their sleve for the 2009 Sleds as far as a super strong bumper goes! http://www.tricityperformance.net/e...8093-24214_product_333681.IQ_FRONT_BUMPER.htm.

The parts will be available in Late August

The price for all the parts (minus some nuts and bolts) is about $410.
There are misc rivets and nuts/bolts that are not listed and would need to be ordered as well.

The Sway bar mount is also the front bumper upper mount (#16 in the pic)... The "brace, A arm, front, lower" is the lower mount for the bumper (#18 in the pic below)

Nosepan - $29, Hood hinge/grille $15, Bumper $120, Fenders $100 each... Not bad!!

bumperlistsW.jpg

RMKbumper.jpg

100_4835.jpg

08800RMKbumpernosepan.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also: Skinz Protective Gear (SPG) will be making thier Float-Plate for this and will be available before next season See the last pic of the 2005-08 Plate and compare that to the AC M-series (the 2009 should be simalar to the M... but have some tweaks to help the front float better ) These should also help to seal up the area behind the nosecone that alot of you are concerned about letting ice/snow intrusion...they will have it right long before the season starts... The crew at SPG is all about quality!!

The new plates should be about $145 shipped in the US by www.sledsolutions.com or www.bobscycle.com

attachment.php
SPG_Arctic_Cat_Float_Plate_2.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, The new Pro taper handlebars, Pt # 1823377 $140, are listed on the site and will work with the standard Polaris grab straps, the new style hooks # 1823339-070 $15 ea, And the new steering post as on the 2009 Assault/Dragon #1823360-329 $80

Assaultbars.jpg

Last edited:

SAWYER

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2006
Kingston Idaho
God mountainhorse, your the most informative person on here.

will the protapers fit in the standard riser block?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Youve got me...

I don't think they'll fit... the pro tapers use the same clamp blocks as the Outlaws... I think they are fatter at the clamp area. Fine for 2005 and 2006 (and earlier non pivot posts)... but you would need to get the new clamp blocks..

You could use these if you bought some Fly or GNR fat bar mounts Or some Power Madd Fat bar adapters and hogged them out a bit.

I'd rather get the SPG bars... Steel, probably the best angles for stand up riding, built in mount for polybay and available in any color you want... 2" 4" 6" 8" and 10" rise... They have 5 Degree rise and 8 degree sweep...Strong as He!!, cromoly

PTbars.jpg

Last edited:
H

hurleyboarder21

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2003
Snohomish, WA
If anyone does decide to go with pro taper bars (or any dirtbike style bars), go with a mini bike style unless you want your bars to be wider than stock. The brake and throttle blocks (stock) will not slide on far eouugh to allow you to run the handle bars at the same width as stock. If you get the mini bars (for pit bikes/ 50's and such) you can run them around the stock handle bar width.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
So at that price why not just buy the TCP bumper and install it or have it installed? It is less money and it is a nice piece. I have one that Carl's installed for me. It is very professional and factory looking.

307 Snow*Moto

Mar 10, 2008
Big Horn, WY
Pro Taper Bars

So not to beat a dead horse, but I have an 06 900 and bent the hell out of my bars earlier this year and I went back and forth about what to do for bars. A really great resource and just an all around incredible shop Woodside Motorsports in Hailey Idaho gave me tons of advice and tons of options. They sent me different bars, stock, fly and pro-taper. I eventually decided on the 7/8" Pro-taper mini-bend and they are so awesome. They are wider than stock, taller stock, and have a better bend than stock. And to my amazement what does Polaris do, put Pro-Taper bars on all the 09's, kind of cool. My .02 is this, the bars suck at heat transmission, they arent even hardly luke warm, I have hand guards and wear great gloves but dam it gets cold sometimes. Im curious how the new pro-taper bars work if they are a blend bar being that the last 6 inches to the ends are cro-moly so the hand warmers work and the rest are aluminum. Its not unheard of if thats the case. From what the Polaris rep at west said was that the new bars will not mount on older sleds without an adapter of sorts bc the bars are so deeply seated on the post. Also the bars already have a rise built into them so it will be a trial and error to see if any of your stock wires will reach, especially if you already have a riser block on your sled. But I personally love pro=taper bars they are incredibly strong and look great. I plan on trying some SPG bars next year bc they make such great products all around. Anyhow thats just my .02

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
So at that price why not just buy the TCP bumper and install it or have it installed? It is less money and it is a nice piece. I have one that Carl's installed for me. It is very professional and factory looking.

For ME.. TCP all the way... Both my sleds have them..

It is stronger than this stock one...

BUT

The 2009 bumper makes for a stronger lifting handle than the pre 2009 IQ-RMK's.. so it falls squarely between the plastic and the TCP bumpers as far as strength

I'm not sure if the Pro-Tapers have a 7/8" dia at the clamp... Poo uses Outlaw clamps instead of the RMK one that it stacks these on top of (look between the silver clamps and the post... you will see a black half of a RMK clamp from the ProX days.

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
MH... are you running the TCP front bumper and the Float Plate? Just curious as to how that all fits together?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
I've test fit it all together.. but not assembled it.... I'll be posting pics up when I can...

Too much work lately, Glued to the computer and SnoWest is a welcome detour in my schedule online.

The plate ties the fenders together and rivets to the TCP bumper with some spacers inbetween for support. Have a good look at the pic above and I'm sure you can imagine it with the TCP.

S

snoboy

Dec 4, 2007
Maple Valley Wa
I've test fit it all together.. but not assembled it.... I'll be posting pics up when I can...

Too much work lately, Glued to the computer and SnoWest is a welcome detour in my schedule online.

The plate ties the fenders together and rivets to the TCP bumper with some spacers inbetween for support. Have a good look at the pic above and I'm sure you can imagine it with the TCP.

MH we sure appreciate the info you share. I'm sold on TCP and the Skinz plate combo. Thanks

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
I just heard from Max at TriCity... They will be making a bumper, to replace the flimsy factory one, for the 2009 as well that will blow away the stock one for function and level of protection...

Look for them early Fall.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
very edumacated response.... :face-icon-small-sho

if you smash the front bumper, you are probally going to destroy a lot more than a bumper. i.e...... that first destroyed bumper will cost you more than just a bumper. Which means it will cost you more than the TCP bumper.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
yes wait to smash the stocker first...BUT on the three that have gone on just one of my IQ RAW sleds it keeps being fenders, bumper, and front clip. It use to be darn near $600 to fix that mess just to have something to grab on in the front. GRRRRRRRR It's all intergrated together for one chain reaction disaster of snapping plastic. Ride a bit more and you'll know what we are all griping about! Now the price is less $170 but it's still a completely inappropriate design. The new model will be a much better program but still not as good as the Tri City setup. At least you can strap your sled down in the trailer or move your buggy around without ripping the front end off~

Keep in mind the $400 gives you a new narrow nose design that testers are stating improves sled performance in deep snow like the 09 over the 07-08 wide nose. I guess the theory is less a factor of flotation and more advantage in forward momentum with minimum non rotational resistance. IE no more big belly pan pushed by a track now it's simply a huge long rotational track with nothing more then skis for front flotation. Hmmm

Premium Features