• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2002 mtn cat boggin in deep

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
I have a 2002 mtn cat 800 efi w/ 151, the only performance mods are a D&D pipe with a sno stuff can. When ever I carve on the pipe side in boggs down really bad.

Any ideas why this might be happening? Any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Buy a cutler can, cut the flange off of it, weld in a 90, weld the flange on top of that, cut a hole in the shock well of your belly pan and install your new front dump can.
Or, buy a jaws can for a 06 king cat and cut the hole in your shock well, good to go after that.

There are a ton of post about this on the old forum about this.

T
Dec 1, 2007
2002 mtn cat boggin deep

There is a hose that runs from your power valves down to a grommet in the belly pan where it vents, this line gets plugged or freezes up resulting in a bogging situation. When in the deep stuff just pull the line out of the belly pan grommet and let it hang free under the hood and your problem is solved.

D
Nov 30, 2007
??? Do you have a pic of this hose?? Are you talking about a hose from the servo, or near the valves themselves?

Nov 26, 2007
A-Town
the exaust is getting plugged up happned to my 99 powder special i made a L braket and bolted it up right in front of where the exaust comes out...looks crappy but it was like 2 dollars to do seeing how i didnt feel like buying the Slp thing and yes it does fix the problem for the most part ill try and get a pic of it my brother has the sled now

1-800Oregon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Burns, OR
The cheap and easy fix is to go buy EXHAUST DEFLECTOR for 2004, Part #1612-713. It may not solve the problem completely but it will help alot.

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
the exaust is getting plugged up happned to my 99 powder special i made a L braket and bolted it up right in front of where the exaust comes out...looks crappy but it was like 2 dollars to do seeing how i didnt feel like buying the Slp thing and yes it does fix the problem for the most part ill try and get a pic of it my brother has the sled now

ya, that'd be cool to see a pic of that ! :)

acwyo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Douglas, Wy
All very good ideas on relocating the exhaust outlet, not sure about the slp kit as I made a version of that on my own and it didn't seem to work well. If you want a more factory look you have a couple options. I purchased a belly pan and all of the exhaust deflectors pieces for a 2006 King Cat. You may also have to buy the chain case gaurd if your 2002 didn't have a factory relocated chain case because the 06 belly pan has a hole cut out for the gaurd to mount through. Another options is to buy the exhaust deflector pieces off any mountain cat/ king cat with the front exit exhaust and cut the hole out in the front of your belly pan in the shock well and install the gaurds. Take your exhaust can and cut the exit pipe off the bottom and relocate it to the front so that it will exit out the hole that will now be in your belly pan. Seemed to help me out with my D&D twin pipes.

Last edited:
A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
All very good ideas on relocating the exhaust outlet, not sure about the slp kit as I made a version of that on my own and it didn't seem to work well. If you want a more factory look you have a couple options. I purchased a belly pan and all of the exhaust deflectors pieces for a 2006 King Cat. You may also have to buy the chain case gaurd if your 2002 didn't have a factory relocated chain case because the 06 belly pan has a hole cut out for the gaurd to mount through. Another options is to buy the exhaust deflector pieces off any mountain cat/ king cat with the front exit exhaust and cut the hole out in the front of your belly pan in the shock well and install the gaurds. Take your exhaust can and cut the exit pipe off the bottom and relocate it to the front so that it will exit out the hole that will now be in your belly pan. Seemed to help me out with my D&D twin pipes.

you got any pics of that on your sled?

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
I think I can help.

One you can email them to me

nick@mcgeeauto.com

or if you want to post them, simply start a new reply and before you hit submit, scroll further down to manage attachments, then you will see a text box by upload from computer, hit the brose botton and then double click on the pic then hit upload.

easier then it sounds

Premium Features