• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for info on 07 Toyota Tundra

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)
H

hurricane2

Any one out there put some miles on one of these? Just about ready to take the plunge into a new truck and would like to hear your experiences with the new Tundra, good or bad.

The new Tundra is a POS.

That certainly was full of useful information.

Got mine in February. Love it. Awesome power, best brake system on any pickup out there. Rides great, much better heater than my Ford (2005 F-150), Seats are very comfortable and adjust every way possible. The automatic traction control is a bit weird on washboards but can be turned off by pushing a button. Mileage could be better (17 to 18 freeway speeds) but then it is small price to pay for a truck that can kick any stock gas pickups arse.

A friend went out and bought one when they first came in hes a toyota lover and had like an o1 before with 225k miles on it but it was shot and barely drove on its own let alone pulled a trailer. The new ones sure are nice but i feel toyota has paid to much attention to looks and lacks more mechanical features, Its underpowered and gets poor mileage for a smaller motor, If you put a tool box in the back half of the window is covered up, if you had to drive over anything you will rub the front end - to low, There are also to many electronic features and we all know with some miles and years these are the first things to go and with that said the transmission seems weak and over complicated i dont see it lasting long with a trailer behind it.

I have had a few toyota's and all of them had taken a mean licking and keep on ticking. Traded for the diesel, but know want a older toyota for around town and in the hills. Now I am waiting for there full size TOYOTA DIESEL!

5.7L Horsepower: 381HP, 401 lb-ft of torque? Underpowered? WTF?

It is underpowered compared to a diesel, even though they are totally different classes, this is important.:confused:

Just accept it. It is a foreign truck that sucks, even though it is made in the USA. No matter how great it is some of these people will never accept it because it is not Chevy/Ford/Dodge.

:rolleyes:

It is underpowered compared to a diesel, even though they are totally different classes, this is important.:confused:

Just accept it. It is a foreign truck that sucks, even though it is made in the USA. No matter how great it is some of these people will never accept it because it is not Chevy/Ford/Dodge.

OH! Silly me and my short memory. :o

Nah, they'll never accept it because it isn't a diesel. I never knew my half ton gasser couldn't tow 4 sleds to the mountains before I joined snowest.

And to think....I've been doing it for years.

That certainly was full of useful information.

Got mine in February. Love it. Awesome power, best brake system on any pickup out there. Rides great, much better heater than my Ford (2005 F-150), Seats are very comfortable and adjust every way possible. The automatic traction control is a bit weird on washboards but can be turned off by pushing a button. Mileage could be better (17 to 18 freeway speeds) but then it is small price to pay for a truck that can kick any stock gas pickups arse.
Thanks for the usefull reply, any others?

And what will be the excuse when the Diesel Toyota comes out?:confused:

Probably back to the old argument that it's not a Dodge/Ford/Chevy :)

To the original poster, make sure the one you buy isn't affected by the bad cam or tailgate problem. I'm sure if you've done your homework, you are aware of the issues.

Probably back to the old argument that it's not a Dodge/Ford/Chevy :)

To the original poster, make sure the one you buy isn't affected by the bad cam or tailgate problem. I'm sure if you've done your homework, you are aware of the issues.

I am looking at an 08' so I assume they have that fixed.

Toyota will pay the costs to replace the entire engine of any new Tundra with a failed camshaft.

Would Ford, Chevy or Dodge do that?

I think given the bad press this camshaft problem has given them, they pretty much have to take those extreme measures. I don't know if I'd trust any mechanic to be inside the engine of my brand new truck.

Don't get me started on what Ford wouldn't do for me... I'm on the hook for a replacement tranny for my '02 F150, despite the fact the local dealer f*cked around inside the tranny while trying to diagnose another problem. Called Ford, they wouldn't do a damned thing for me even while under warranty.

In 97' my dad bought a Dodge with Cummins. At 700 Miles the engine lost oil pressure. They shipped him a new create engine, and amazingly it had substansial power increase. Good on my 05' as well, for front end issues.

Premium Features

Back