• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

10 to 1 against snowmobiling, COMMENT NOW

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
The use by OSV Travel Management Rule is 3 days from closing public comments. I went through and read about 15 pages of the public comments and it seems like we are outnumbered by about 10-1. Why? It's because we really aren't getting our family and friends to make comments about the type of life we all work so hard for. The other side is absolutely relentless in attempting to get what they want and so should we.

You have GOT to get your friends to comment. You have GOT to take 5 minutes to type out a paragraph on this. Go ahead and read the comments of the others for yourself:
Public Comments on Travel Rule

It's go time folks! Fill out the form and make a quick comment here:
https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2014/06/18/2014-14273/use-by-over-snow-vehicles-travel-management-rule

Last edited:

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Reading through several, the longer ones are all a form letter with simply the location, occupation, and names changed. Some have the configuration of indents/line spacing changed, but the content is the same. HOPEFULLY that means something (form letters usually mean less). They all start with, "Dear Mr. Adamson, Thank you..."

Why are most of the anti-sled folks located in Oregon? Damn hippies! Better not screw it up for the rest of the country:mad2:

I wrote my letter over a month ago. I always try to include the fact that I am an avid backpacker/snowboarder/mtn biker that also snowmobiles...and I point out that I frequently go days & days without seeing a soul in the wilderness--clearly we don't need MORE of it!

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Tip: search your buddies names for comments, those that haven't submitted get harassed & directed to the website. Failure to submit a comment = dig themselves out all season.

Facebook is a convenient way to contact many people for this..I just messaged everyone I could think of that sleds but isn't on a forum & is likely unaware of this. As well as friends on this forum (KEVIN! hopefully that M8 is stuck less than the M7) that haven't submitted a comment.

Last edited:

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
I couldn't stand to read more than the first page .. makes my head hurt. .. but made a comment and posted against it . .thanks for pushing me . ..

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
So in their own agenda they could only post comments from skier hippies and leave our comments out? Yeah that pretty much sums up our govt...

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
If we sign that petition it counts against us. It just tally's another name for them. The comment section is just for the opinion but signing your name tally's one more yay. There's no na's on petitions is there?

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Just searched by name for mine, it's not there and I didn't keep the tracking number. I think it's rigged.

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Just searched by name for mine, it's not there and I didn't keep the tracking number. I think it's rigged.

I searched for mine and its there.

Send another comment in. It looks like we all we can get.

Lots of complaining on there about noise and suggestions to default to all lands closed unless designated open to over snow motorized use.

scootdog

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2011
SF Bay Area Now, Tahoe soon
Done.

Made comment that government land should be shared by all people and all recreation activities. Limiting the land available for recreation will pack more people in confined space causing user conflict.

Premium Features