• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OVS turbo kits.....

H

Hillclimbpro

What does everyone think about the ovs turbos. Don't see too much on them and would like to hear more about them. The specific kit would be for a 09 m8. Thanks!

After seeing some of the competition, Ovs sells the good stuff.. I would do the tial kit and listen to Garr about what works and what doesn't. Ask lots of questions and dont go cheap!!!

What does everyone think about the ovs turbos. Don't see too much on them and would like to hear more about them. The specific kit would be for a 09 m8. Thanks!

I have an 09 and have their components and pl controller. Their support and knowledge is top notch!

I recommend the Tial setup too.

Good luck on your new addiction!

Before you pull the trigger , look at the Cutler and the Twisted turbo's

were you looking to install the kit yourself or have someone else do it for you. To avoid issues install is everything. I run the Twisted with the Garrett 2871 on a 09 M9 and it is awesome, I will gladly give you my box settings. currently running 10 psi with straight 100LL at 5-9K about 245 HP. Cutler has excellent customer support, and Shain Always answers his phone and is happy to help answer my questions.

245hp @10psi at that altitude? Is that a dynoed number...??
what clutch setup do you run?

Last edited:
2010 M8 with their race gas kit and I have been very happy. When I actually have time to ride I ride with three CPC turbo's and they have all been great too. Garr and Travis at OVS are great guys to talk with and always willing to help out.

were you looking to install the kit yourself or have someone else do it for you. To avoid issues install is everything. I run the Twisted with the Garrett 2871 on a 09 M9 and it is awesome, I will gladly give you my box settings. currently running 10 psi with straight 100LL at 5-9K about 245 HP. Cutler has excellent customer support, and Shain Always answers his phone and is happy to help answer my questions.

It will be self installed and will be running around 10k feet. What box are you running

I've got an 2010 M8 with the Tial race gas and its been flawless. I run 12-13 lbs on 50/50 mix and I NEVER touch the PL box. Garr and Trav are top notch and their stuff works. You can't go wrong with OVS.

The guys at OVS know there stuff for sure. They use top of the line parts for their kits hence the higher price (you get what you pay for). I used to have all kinds of problems with my M7 turbo and then I took it to them....I have not had one issue with it since and I would be surprised to see a better running M7 turbo out there. I run 10 lbs of boost most of the time but have ran up to 15 lbs with no problems at all. They are by far the most knowledgeable guys I have talked to about turbo cat’s and the tuning for them. I never have to mess with my tuning box since I got it initially set up. I have also seen one of their Pro kits and it blew the other kits (that I have seen) away in fit and quality.

no dyno- just what Stainger quoted

quoted HP not dynoed, also I'm using an attitiude box which is the dobek type box like the pure logic, just different programming

Last edited:
I sure wish that OVS offered their Tial kit when I bought my Push kit. I bought my Push kit for the Tial alone, as at the time Ken was the only one offering it. I have had several teething issues and getting a hold of Ken is almost impossible. I have never heard anything but good things about OVS. I have talked to both Garr and Travis a couple times and they have been very helpful.

Who else has came up with great solutions to some of the weekest links on a turboed sled?? The exhaust clamp design they have insted of springs is genius!!
Along with the reed stops. They have thought through everything and they still have time to sit down and print up good instructions on paper with every turbo kit. And on top of all that, they actually answer their phones!!

Well done OVS

knowing what I know now after diving in on my first rg kit a couple years ago, I would buy a ovs kit instead of my current set up.

I loved my OVS kit. If I was building a new turbo OVS would be right at the top of the list. They have lots of options of the m series. Good luck with your build.

I see OVS uses the new comp oil less turbos now on their site. Anybody try that setup? I've only seen one comp turbo in person it was on a XP Etec. It had only a couple rides on it and seized solid. Hopefully it was just a crappy bearing pack because they sure hype themselves up lol. From what I can tell they are oil less, but just use sealed bearings with grease inside. Sounds like Doo crank bearings ;)

Check into the propane kit

I changed my 09 to the OVS/Simmons propane setup last year and I absolutely love it. Somewhere in the 225 hp range at 18 lbs boost. Fill up is always under $25. I cannot for the life of me figure out why this kit hasn't just taken over the entire turbo market.

Premium Features

Back