• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

diamond drive inspection, bearings looke terrible!

B
Mar 16, 2011
Helena MT
1600 miles on sled with boost, looked at the internals of the DD at 1150 and they were good, pulled the DD this year and the two bearings that are visable as you split your case are shot. anybody have the bearing numbers so i can pick some new ones up tomorrow? sled is an 09 m8 with reverse..I plan to do all three bearings that are in the DD. Also are these bearings pressed on/off? thanks for any an all help!

B
Oct 4, 2008
Stanwood,WA
The BDX upgrade bearing kit is the way to go. You should replace ALL the bearings and seals if you are going to do it. Dont forget to check your brake side bearings that house the drive shaft too. Those are notorious for going out as well. Call Michelle at Oregon Trail Sports and she can hook you up with a bearing kit that will save you some $$. If you have a press, that certainly makes it easier. It can be done without one using a table vise and a deep socket set. Good Luck!

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
For sure on the brake side bearing, cost me 2 sets of gears over the years. Thought the 5203 bearing went, in actuality is was the brake side that was shot. Check both and replace them. cheap insurance.

The BDX upgrade bearing kit is the way to go. You should replace ALL the bearings and seals if you are going to do it. Dont forget to check your brake side bearings that house the drive shaft too. Those are notorious for going out as well. Call Michelle at Oregon Trail Sports and she can hook you up with a bearing kit that will save you some $$. If you have a press, that certainly makes it easier. It can be done without one using a table vise and a deep socket set. Good Luck!

B
Mar 16, 2011
Helena MT
ok shoot not looking good for getting it going this weekend:(....i was hoping for some bearing numbers I.E 5203 so i could grab them locally. my local dealer doesnt stock anything so trying to figure something else out. Thanks for the tip on the brakeside bearings!

Premium Features