• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker etec turbo

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
It looks like boondocker has an etec turbo in the works. I guess reid hedlund, jared sessions and dan adams had a boondocker demo thing going on and some riders on the ride said there was an etec turbo. I have'nt got much more info than that.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Yes there is a Boondocker Doo.
It was very impressive,it sounded real good and didn't miss a beat.

Attachments

• Castlegar ride 2011 005.jpg
    Castlegar ride 2011 005.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 376
J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.
I don't think the rev was turboed. I was talking to reid hedlund(boondocker canada) today and he said the etec they had on the ride was working good and it should be ready by next season. He said they have 3 years into turbo devolopment for the e-tech fueling system. He said besides a few little issues, the main one being the reeds the system is coming along good. He expects when kits hit the snow the should be up to par in terms of reliability and performance of the poo and cat.

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
I was on that ride, and got to demo all of these sleds. The new cat, the pro, and the etec.

The etec pulled insanely hard on top. It was definitely my favorite out of all of them in that regard. The bottom end definitely needs some work though. It wasnt that crisp at all on the bottom end, and even mid range. They gave full disclaimer that they really didnt have that much time into tuning it though. I think if you could clean up the bottom end a bit, it would be the sled to have.

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
i can tell you, boondocker will not clean up bottom and mid throttle simply because their box can't(too long to explane).dividing the throttle body in three load(low-mid-high like dobec fuel crap) is not permitting a good tune it is that simple.....every little change in temp,kpa,snow condition cannot be taken in account by those 60$ (manufacturing price!!!) small electronic board. i am earing this song and reading these lines for well over 5 years now and nothing as changed and nothing will change until we all move on programmable ecus....with good tuner/engineers company.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
i can tell you, boondocker will not clean up bottom and mid throttle simply because their box can't(too long to explane).dividing the throttle body in three load(low-mid-high like dobec fuel crap) is not permitting a good tune it is that simple.....every little change in temp,kpa,snow condition cannot be taken in account by those 60$ (manufacturing price!!!) small electronic board. i am earing this song and reading these lines for well over 5 years now and nothing as changed and nothing will change until we all move on programmable ecus....with good tuner/engineers company.

I was there and saw the new Boondocker etec run and I would say they are very close to getting it running perfect.

So how come their so called $60.00 works on the Cat and the Poo?
Maybe because their efi has been around for a few years and they have had time too get them dialed in.

I am positive that they will have them running good before the up coming season.

So we have been hearing from you for quite a while now about your product, yet you still have nothing for us too see.
Then you come on here pulling down other peoples product that are out there running with good tuners and engineers and a actual product.

You should probally put up some type of proof of what you have and quit bashing the ones that actually have a product.:boxing::face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-fro

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
I was there and saw the new Boondocker etec run and I would say they are very close to getting it running perfect.

So how come their so called $60.00 works on the Cat and the Poo?
Maybe because their efi has been around for a few years and they have had time too get them dialed in.

I am positive that they will have them running good before the up coming season.

So we have been hearing from you for quite a while now about your product, yet you still have nothing for us too see.
Then you come on here pulling down other peoples product that are out there running with good tuners and engineers and a actual product.

You should probally put up some type of proof of what you have and quit bashing the ones that actually have a product.:boxing::face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-fro

sorry if you got me wrong Smokindave.....as you already know my english is far from perfect(but probably better than your french ;) ) and it may be why you think i am bashing but i am far from bashing boondocker and his team....they do a great job on engineering turbo kit and they spend lots of energy developing new stuff, maybe too fast(i don't like to be a test dummie). the problem Smonkindave is you and me do not have the same defenition on "getting it working perfect" that's all(i don't want to elaborate again on this....) i have own more than 20 sleds with powderlites,mcx,boondocker,push,impulse ect. and tried every piggyback available and when i say it is far from perfection believe me it is! but enough on that . it will be a promising year this year for efi and not only me but other company are launching"real plug and play programmable ecu" no wire cutting and oem caliber(actualy more advanced than oem).IF you show up at haydays you will be able to touch and feel those ecus and you are more than welcome to show up and i will show you the product.
again sorry if it sounded like bashing but it wasn't(and far from it).
BTW all the industry will benefit from the advancement on the electronic department.....all the turbo kit builder will be very happy with what's coming All of them. and just for your reference i am far from being the only one developing those ecu but it takes a long time to come up with a board that will suit all needs(powersports and not only sleds)a and free of glitches and bugs. another guy out of the country will show up with an impressive lineup of ecu for sleds so not only me!!!

Last edited:

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
sorry if you got me wrong Smokindave.....as you already know my english is far from perfect(but probably better than your french ;) ) and it may be why you think i am bashing but i am far from bashing boondocker and his team....they do a great job on engineering turbo kit and they spend lots of energy developing new stuff, maybe too fast(i don't like to be a test dummie). the problem Smonkindave is you and me do not have the same defenition on "getting it working perfect" that's all(i don't want to elaborate again on this....) i have own more than 20 sleds with powderlites,mcx,boondocker,push,impulse ect. and tried every piggyback available and when i say it is far from perfection believe me it is! but enough on that . it will be a promising year this year for efi and not only me but other company are launching"real plug and play programmable ecu" no wire cutting and oem caliber(actualy more advanced than oem).IF you show up at haydays you will be able to touch and feel those ecus and you are more than welcome to show up and i will show you the product.
BTW all the industry will benefit from the advancement on the electronic department.....all the turbo kit builder will be very happy with what's coming All of them. and just for your reference i am far from being the only one developing those ecu but it takes a long time to come up with a board that will suit all needs(powersports and not only sleds)a and free of glitches and bugs. another guy out of the country will show up with an impressive lineup of ecu for sleds so not only me!!!

Thats funny....you didn't have much problem explaining yourself in your pm.
Apparently Supermods or "Super Morons" as you put it are allowed to have opinions but not post them...lol...suck it up princess
:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-con:boxing:

J

jasonrev

Jan 28, 2008
Burns Lake B.C.

Hey supraturbo this site is called snowest not snoweast:face-icon-small-ton>

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
whats this ecu system all about? where can I read about it and have a look at it?

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005

Curious when we are going to see these Unicorns run in Revelstoke or Sicamous area? Haydays doesn't prove (hit for us SNOWEST guys. :face-icon-small-win

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
Curious when we are going to see these Unicorns run in Revelstoke or Sicamous area? Haydays doesn't prove (hit for us SNOWEST guys. :face-icon-small-win

Hahaha, Yes this will be interesting to see, hopefully they get the so called "injection problems" worked out.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
after installing the other two etec turbos out their on the market i have a few concerns

both other turbos have a great looking install and look, my concern comes to if boondocker resolved the hessitaion off the start, sounds like a electrical hessitaion, but it sucks, and should be addressed

discussing this problem with boondocker they tell me they are using a tps to help resove this issue, but i do not understand how that will help, they also mention they have another change with the raves that help in low end throttle response, it all sounds good, but just like the other brands out their, they told me as well they had no issues

the last concern i have is the reeds, stock seamed to work well but lasted less than one weekend of riding, this is not aceptable... i was told by boondocker, they built their own reeds, and they have been tested, but once again, talk can be cheap

they mentioned their fuel controller is years ahead of the dopec controller used on the other two kits

i wanted to buy a few sets of reeds for the other turbos i have and was a quick no, they never even had enought for their own kits,,,lol

so has anybody other than the boondocker boys run this kit, and have they taken care of these concerns

Premium Features