• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

how to adjust idle on 09 D8

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
hey guys,
my sled wont idle worth a ****...how do you adjust the idle on these efi sleds? this is my first time around with TB. thanks!

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
hey guys,
my sled wont idle worth a ****...how do you adjust the idle on these efi sleds? this is my first time around with TB. thanks!

Idle speed is determined by a voltage reading (NOT R.P.M.) as part of the T.P.S. setting process
Read the T.P.S. info under "INCREASING YOUR IQ" at the top.

You may also want to check other things such as torn throttle body boots, fuel filter, spark plug boots, etc as the possible cause

S
Nov 24, 2009
Sammamish, WA
Not so sure what he is saying but may be its a reason for the sled idling weird... If you are asking how to increase the idle you need to remove the air box and its between the two throttle bodies. Have fun getting the air box back in its a pita! Hope this helps.

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
there is an idle adjustment screw but it goes off a voltage setting which is set by the tps. personally i would take off the tb's set the tps and then set the idle. that way you can clean your tb's, you will know that the tps and idle are set right, and you will also learn a lot about your sled. i set my tps on my 09 and it starts way easier and the reverse works a lot better. just my .02

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
T.P.S.SETTING

do you need to adjust the TPS also? or is there just an idle adjustment screw like a carb?

The T.P.S. determines the idle speed, they're one in the same, if you "adjust" the idle speed it alters the T.P.S. setting.

T.P.S. setting procedures are pinned at the top under increasing your IQ, it's a simple straight forward process, tool costs $ 48.00 available from POLARIS dealer.

Totally back off the screw and look for .70 volts with the throttle blades slammed shut, then open the idle speed screw until you see .95 volts ( or check the specs for your sled, it's in the owner's manual)

Do not mess with the idle speed screw after the T.P.S. has been set.

Last edited:

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
my polaris dealer could not find the tps tester in their computer so i just built one with parts from radio shack. i have all the parts to build one...if you want i will fix you one up and send it to you.....pm me if you are interested

Premium Features