• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How do u polish/buff scuffs/scratches out of the windshield?

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
The stock black windshield gets so stinkin scuffed/scratched up. I tried a standard cheap plastic polish from napa and overall it made the windshield more shiny but it didn't really touch the scuffs/scratches on the windshield or the hood.

What have u guys used to clean the ol' girl up? Techniques or products.

Thx

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
AC used to have an actual hood and windshield polish that worked pretty well. It was coarse enough to get scratches out and it worked well on helmets too.

M

miko

Nov 28, 2007
So. Dak.
Go to a parts store and get a headlight restoration kit. I used the permatex kit but there are a few brands to choose from.

Chapman

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Milford Ia
Mothers mag polish with a soft rag will work depending on how deep your scratches are. I've also used malco buffing compound with good results.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
I had deep marks left by some kind of heavy duty solvent that got sprayed on it when I bought my sled. I used sandpaper with progressively finer grit up to 2500 and then buffed out using buffing wheel and compound. Really any buffing method and fine cutting compound/polish will make it nice. At least mine does.

I used the same method to renew my headlights as well.

Premium Features