• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ski stance witdth on your pro rmk and how are the stock skiis?

M

majhano

Feb 1, 2010
my dealer set mine up at widest setting. was wondering if anyone has narrowed them up and your thoughts as well as how do the stock skiis perform. cant go until this weekend and am stoked!

M

MGM

Dec 2, 2007
Southern Idaho
I had mine out yesterday on the middle setting. Coming from an M7 with powder pros they seemed fine. Mine kinda pushed in the corners on the trail with loose snow. They work decent but found myself wanting my powder pro's back.

Next ride out I will go to the narrow setting to see if i can tell any difference.

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
i run mine narrow as i can get them, as for the skis i've heard great things about the powder pros but the gripper skis are rated as the #1 stock deep powder ski in a couple of magazines.

M

majhano

Feb 1, 2010
thanks for the input. i'm coming off of ski-doos for the last ten years so i have either had simmons skis or the dual runner look a likes ski doo made so i am hoping these "grippers" work. i will probably stay wide on the stance this weekend and work my way to narrow in a few weeks.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Started in stock middle setting.

Noticed the sled seemed to tip in easier to left than the right.

Another Snowester noticed the same and set the right ski to the narrowest setting.

I did the same. Left in middle position, right on narrowest. Seemed to help when I rode it today. When I ride my Pro against the GF's all stock Pro I will be able to see if it made a real difference or if it was just placebo effect.

P
Feb 22, 2004
Wisconsin
Having run both skis for several years, I can say I honestly like the Grippers better, not because they're really any better in powder, but because the Grippers are so nice for climbing around the sled in the deep powder. The nubs really help for traction.

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
This is how I have mine set up. I have had it this way for the last 3 weeks and have put over 200 miles on my sled. I really like this set up and it really makes the right side easier in the trees for me.

Started in stock middle setting.

Another Snowester noticed the same and set the right ski to the narrowest setting.

I did the same. Left in middle position, right on narrowest. Seemed to help when I rode it today. When I ride my Pro against the GF's all stock Pro I will be able to see if it made a real difference or if it was just placebo effect.

M
Nov 28, 2007
or
i was gonna do the right ski to the inside position but pulled the swaybar instead, in pow the thing rolls perfect now. i've found you can get between tighter trees easier on one ski, makes your sled even more narrow:)

M

majhano

Feb 1, 2010
excellent feed back guys. thanks to all. left in the middle ...right as narrow as it will go sounds like my 1st adjustment.:face-icon-small-win

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR

That doesn't surprise me considering all the extra weight on the left side of the sled with the clutches and oil resy. vs. the can on the right. Weight distribution is unbalanced on the Pro; if there was ever a sled begging for an oil injection delete, this is it!!!

Have FUN!

G

R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
I noticed on my sled that the camber was 1 degree different between the two sides. I had to adjust one of the sides, I forgot which side I did though. Anyhow, this might be something to check which could effect the difference in the feel from left to right. Not as big of change like the ski position but it will still have a small effect.

Premium Features