• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

YAMAHA RIVETS - RIVETS - RIVETS!!!!

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
OFT Racing now stocks the same high quality 3/16" rivets that you are paying over a buck a piece for from YAMAHA - at a fraction of YAMAHA DEALER cost!!

These rivets feature a serrated steel mandrel and a multi-grip body that is designed not only pull super tight, and fit a multitude of material thickness, but also grip tightly in slightly oversized holes. In addition, the rivet body is designed to capture the remaining portion of mandrel inside the sleeve, greatly increasing the shear strength of these rivets.

These rivets are offered in regular head (3/8') or large head (5/8")
  • 25 pack - $7.50
  • 50 pack - $14.00
  • 100 pack -$25.00

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Got my packages of Rivets.
What a difference from the rivets that came from Skinz for the boards installs.!

I should snap a photo of what a typical rivet looks like compared to one of these.

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Got my packages of Rivets.
What a difference from the rivets that came from Skinz for the boards installs.!

I should snap a photo of what a typical rivet looks like compared to one of these.

Lemmee help...

Rivets.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So, I shot my first rivets into my sled this evening and I used BOTH the generic and the ones I got from OFT Racing.

HOLY SMOKES

The difference is HUGE.

A rivet is NOT just a rivet!!!
The Yamaha OEM Rivet from OFT on the right, and the generic one on the left!

Which one do you think is the better solution??
picture.php

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
great prices ! i was buying them from a whole sale rivet place in town for more than that and i though that was cheep ! the major down side to these rivets it when it comes time to remove them , better have a bunch of really good drill bits .

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
great prices ! i was buying them from a whole sale rivet place in town for more than that and i though that was cheep ! the major down side to these rivets it when it comes time to remove them , better have a bunch of really good drill bits .

Use a 3/32nds punch to drive the pin out before drilling... they drill like butter if you do that first!

Premium Features