• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 Yamaha Apex WONT START!!! ANY IDEAS?

C
Feb 23, 2009
no start

check battery voltage 12.5 or higher,load test if possible they are very finaky about low battery power.
make sure fuel pump is running when u turn key on ,check fuse.
last but not least change plugs.
hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
As mentioned, low battery will crank but plugs will not spark. Pull a plug, connect, ground and turn over. If spark, check fuel delivery. If no spark, charge battery or replace. Probably one of those two, i'm betting on the battery.

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
I know if the apex can foul plugs they will not fire at all even with a boost. It happens if you start and not warm them up fully or run regular fuel

Mtn-Track

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2009
N/E, CO & GL, CO
got an 07 apex.. cranks and cranks but wont fire,.. even sprayed a touch of starting fluid in it.. nothing....

any ideas?? THANKS FOR ANY IDEAS YOU MAY HAVE...

I'm 99% sure your plugs are fouled! Mine did the same thing: I bumped the throttle before it was fully warmed up and it died. Nothing I did would re-light it until I finally pulled all 4 plugs and fully cleaned them. I tried 2 of the easy one's first but that wouldn't get it. Pull all 4! After that it started right up. Lesson learned...:face-icon-small-fro

If your not boosted, run LOW octane fuel in it!

Last edited:

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
Well I don't know about the USA, but in canada all the low octane fuel contains ethanol. I have seen two apex's that fouled the plugs almost instantly once regular(87 octane up to 15% ethanol)was put in them. I wouldn't worry about the minimal power loss and run the better fuel!

Premium Features