• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Feet Hooker Install, White digital camo on a 2009 D8

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
I finally got around to installing my Meat hooker's Feet Hookers...
Enjoy my photo shop work!!!
l_97821a2d8ccc4537bd57bbd574c7e22f.jpg

l_43c26731fef24c928b6f0a71a2b23ad7.jpg

I am pleased!!!!!

First I started by drilling out the rivets at the front of the running board that hold the body plastic against the running board. I drilled from the bottom of the sled.

l_b5fadcc7c16b4527a96440e3d1c3f6e5.jpg

Next: I positioned the tail end of the feet hooker just slightly over the crack in the aluminum at the end of the running board, just after the suspension bracket. This makes it look way nice as you don't see that crack any more and you also have to cut less of the suspension bracket out.

l_e5bf08dd6fec4ad48e5e995afd2abb46.jpg

After you find your position you want, get a sharpie and trace out the edges of the holes on the hooker and also the ends.
I cut out all of the nipple type aluminum things on the running boards.

l_24bd93efcd3a4e00a1025a9b64aa4405.jpg

l_3cfa5dcf4c894605a6a208e14e24399f.jpg

Next: Use a plasma cutter, as I did, or a sawzall and cut on your lines. Don't be scared. If you use a plasma unplug your E.C.U. Cut out some of that suspension bracket and cut all the way to the front of the running board. You will have to trim the body's plastic up there. I left the running board in tact between the last hole on the hooker and the main block of holes.

l_3b6d6c1607de4b159856c0fbaf69023c.jpg

l_fa6ce842b8f746e2bc6e0b1a7ebc2726.jpg

l_b4a23949a2604d90ba7900ce31a068e8.jpg

l_309c5d56b01849bfb823eaecf97551e3.jpg

Next: Start at the front or the back when drilling and riveting, only go one direction. I suggest starting at the back, this makes it easier to drill your very front holes where the plastic used to be.
Make sure the insert is against the outside rail, not against the tunnel. The hookers are awesome because there are pilot holes except in the front. I think this is perfect because when trimming that plastic it is so uncontrollable unless you were to pull the plastic off the sled then trim it, so it allows you to place those front holes where ever you want. Do the front 2 rivets upside down, it is just easier and is "more traction" :)
l_5941538f10594997885390d8a91172aa.jpg

It's good to have a buddy help you.

l_20bd83a819544877b4b85d8ac079095d.jpg

And you are done!!
Your hookers are way stronger than the stock boards and your knees will survive as you will never get locked in due to the reversed front 2 cleats.

Last edited:

Vertical Asshauler

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
Kelowna, BC
I finally got around to installing my Meat hooker's Feet Hookers...

I cut out all of the nipple type aluminum things on the running boards.

A cleaner and easier way to remove the raised grip sections on the stock boards is to just use a large piece of steel and put it firmly against the underside of the board where a dimple is, then smack the top side. Doing this will just flatten it out flush to the board with no cutting. Takes about 10 seconds or less to do each one.

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
A cleaner and easier way to remove the raised grip sections on the stock boards is to just use a large piece of steel and put it firmly against the underside of the board where a dimple is, then smack the top side. Doing this will just flatten it out flush to the board with no cutting. Takes about 10 seconds or less to do each one.

if only i had talked to you sooner.....

I'll be doing a set of red carbon and black carbon hookers next week on our other D8's..... I will utilize that method. Thanks

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
VBoost you could pull them and send them back to Boise and have the same guy that paints those do them up for you. He has opened up a retail store offering custom paints and also the graphic hydro dip finishes. Cool looking stuff! I love the option of custom looks and think it is conceptually awesome. Conceptually promising doesn't mean commercially viable.

He promises durability and was really aggressive to get us involved with Better Boards. The problem is that I worry that he doesn't understand the extreme abuse and durability issues that these parts experience. As I told him at the Boise Sled Show we sell thousands of Better Boards and cannot risk a massive finish failure on an untested product. Our standards for exceptable testing are intense because of the level of risk and our dedication to providing the world's finest performance running board traction enhancing product. That was simply in terms of the painted finishes durability in this incredibly harsh use enviroment. Part of the tests are lab and part of the tests are field use. This was this past September and since there is no snow for adequate field testing we do not commercially offer or advocate this process for Better Boards.

More important than appearance to some folks (READ IN ME because I USE THESE PLUS HAVE TO DEFEND THE USE OF THEM TO MAKE MY LIVING) is performance. We spend tons of money and did massive lab grade tests on freeze rates, ice adhesion rates, impact resistancy, scratch resistancy, finish adhesion rates, uv resistancy for color hold, as well as the field experience of over a million miles of actual product testing for Better Boards. The finish durability was why we invested over $85,000 in a finish graining machine as well as a chemical treatment bath process for Better Boards.

If the other guy's stuff fails he can easily replace the 20 to 30 sets he sells if he's a standup guy or most likely will just disappear and you'll never hear another word from him on the matter.

V

Vboost

Nov 26, 2007
NW Montana
VBoost you could pull them and send them back to Boise and have the same guy that paints those do them up for you.

No thanks, I will keep what I got...I already had them Powder coated Silver, If they don't hold-up I will just have to send them back to you to re-do. Hopefully you would not hurt me to bad for my mistake!!

Last edited:

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Here we go, let the pissing match commence.

Ha ha funny you read my mind :)

If you have paid attention to any of these threads I don't bad mouth the competition. To put someone's product down to sell yours is not the way I would like to do business. If someone wants to purchase my product over another it should be because it is the best performing, best value for their money.

Back on the OP topic... Thanks for the info Harry!

Premium Features