• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Underarmour Cold Gear ??

snoluver

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Who uses Underarmour Cold gear? Got some as a gift and wondering how well it works for mountain riding. Do you overheat? How well does it wick moisture?
Thanks

E
Nov 26, 2007
meridian idaho
I recieved a set last x-mas and love them. I would never have bought them on my own but now that I have worn them I will be looking for more on sale!! Kinda like klim gear - too expensive but the best there is!

D
Oct 13, 2008
The stuff works very well. Me and the wife both swear by it. Only base layer clothing I have ever worn that keeps me marm and dry from -20 to plus 40. Have yet to get wet from sweating even on warmer days.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I wear it top and bottom as a base layer. Great mosture wicking properties! I tend to overheat in about anything, but this Coldgear is just right.

snoluver

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Thanks for the replies all. Guess I'll be giving it a try this year.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I bought the stuff to try and keep my back dry. No matter how light I dressed and only wearing a shell for a jacket my lower back would still get damp from riding hard and always wearing a backpack.

the UA fixed that problem, always stay dry now. Eric

M

mtncat800

Nov 26, 2007
Central Iowa
I find it is to heavy for me as well. I plan on trying the heat gear this year. Other than that I love it. wear it faithfully bowhunting.

boone

Premium Member
May 27, 2007
Crazytown!!
Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone have a problem with their feet sweating. I wear the HMK pros and my feet are soaked by the end of the day. Way too hot. I just bought a full set of UA aswell as the heatgear socks. Anyone use them? Do they help keep your feet cool/dry?

Thanks,
Boone

B
Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone have a problem with their feet sweating. I wear the HMK pros and my feet are soaked by the end of the day. Way too hot. I just bought a full set of UA aswell as the heatgear socks. Anyone use them? Do they help keep your feet cool/dry?

Thanks,
Boone

Yes, also with highmark pros. Left foot is almost always soaking wet from sweat, but never cold. I wear smartwool socks.

Really like the coldwear UA.

Premium Features