• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

best deal on simmons gen 2 for apex?

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
I got the absolutely best price from Michelle a.k.a. FreeAgent on this site, and you do a vice choice, they work excellent!

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
They work GREAT, but i found that they did not carve and turn like a slp powder pro...SO...being I am a stickler and always trynew stuff, I noticed that on my Carls powder pros used on my Polaris sleds the outside edge was cut, well i got a second pair of simmons and started to hack away.
Results?? Fantastic !!! I would reccomend this mod to anyone who has a pair on there sled..it improves the turning and steering effort by a amazing ammount, donuts and carving are really nice, not to mention side hillings a joke...just go to carls site and look at how they cut the powder pro,s I will try and post pics...I started by only cutting a bit off and then a bit more ect ect..till I found the best deal,
Cut ur ski then using a sander smooth it all out. Then clamp ski in vise and get a torch and flame edge so it just starts to melt and u will get the glossy sealed edge again...
Its one of the best mods I did to the sled..simmons should offer this on the gen 2's

Last edited:

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
I was unimpressed with the gen 2's on my nytro. I will save them until I can try my stock skies in a neck deep day. If the stockers can manage it then I will have a set of gen 2's for sale......cheap!

IMO try a set before you buy them, they are not for everyone.

A
Dec 16, 2007
Alaska
Your Apex

They work GREAT, but i found that they did not carve and turn like a slp powder pro...SO...being I am a stickler and always trynew stuff, I noticed that on my Carls powder pros used on my Polaris sleds the outside edge was cut, well i got a second pair of simmons and started to hack away.
Results?? Fantastic !!! I would reccomend this mod to anyone who has a pair on there sled..it improves the turning and steering effort by a amazing ammount, donuts and carving are really nice, not to mention side hillings a joke...just go to carls site and look at how they cut the powder pro,s I will try and post pics...I started by only cutting a bit off and then a bit more ect ect..till I found the best deal,
Cut ur ski then using a sander smooth it all out. Then clamp ski in vise and get a torch and flame edge so it just starts to melt and u will get the glossy sealed edge again...
Its one of the best mods I did to the sled..simmons should offer this on the gen 2's

>>
In the picture on your "Image Shcak" it was uploaded on 10-10-2009 and shows your sled with the stock skid and bumper.....are you selling the Apex? If you are wanna sell me that beautiful bumper you made?

Premium Features