• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My Nytro Turbo Project

S

SylvanLaker

Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB. Canada
As some of my buds may know I jumped to Yamaha! Building a custom turbo Nytro. I am going to post pics of my build as I go. I have just finished rebuilding an EZ Ryde skid and mounting it into a custom 8 degree kickup. I drew in Cadd and had it plasma cut out and bent. I think the stock tunnel is fine, it just needs to be modified! I built custom drop brackets for the EZ Ryde to mount to. But dammm.. the rear wheels are not far enough back in the adjustment and the track clips are not smoothly crossing the end of the hyfax. (it is vibrating hard) I need to remove the skid and releive the end of the hyfax. I will post more pics of the brackets and internal tunnel work later..

PS My shop will make anyone this nice 8 degree Nytro Tunnel extension that rivets into the stock rivet holes for $350. can. You can have it in any length and the stock rear grab bar and end cap rivets right into the tunnel extension. it will come with rivets and instructions. I will also cut in any design or words for a small additional cost. We built this here because nobody had a nice tunnel extension for the nytro and I didn't want to spend the 2k on a tunnel.

REDLINE
Dave 403-396-1443

Dave

Last edited:
S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
Very Nice

Would your extension be strong enough to pack fuel on??? I pack a Jerry can from a Rev Xp on the back of mine with the stock tunnel.. If your extension could handle the weight I would be interested.. I think the can is 3galons?? Not sure.. Thanks Sean

S

SylvanLaker

Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB. Canada
Would your extension be strong enough to pack fuel on??? I pack a Jerry can from a Rev Xp on the back of mine with the stock tunnel.. If your extension could handle the weight I would be interested.. I think the can is 3galons?? Not sure.. Thanks Sean

We can have some small pieces of 12 ga angle 1"x1" made to rivet under the extension. I was thinking of doing this already, Let me finish mine up and I'll tell you how stiff it is. It may become part of the kit extension anyhow.. I'll post more soon..

S

SylvanLaker

Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB. Canada
Here is the tunnel less the grab bar complete. With letter backing and cargo support built in. The grab bar that is already fabbed but needs to be welded will run all the way along the bottom of the tunnel and tie into the supports.

:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Yup, but I'd have to redesign it, so It would take more time. Why woudn't you want a kickup? feel free to call me up Duke.. 403-396-1443

Just personal preference, I like the looks better. Easier to fit tanks and seats etc.

S

SylvanLaker

Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB. Canada
Wow that looks great! It looks like you were totally in inspired by MotoPsycho's build last Fall.

http://snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111228
Most guys give him a bit or CREDIT when they borrow or enhance his designs though!

Michelle

Sorry, never heard of this guy or seen his design, It's actually a copy of the stock extension, with a kickup. It was drawn from scratch using my ideas and measurements. In my opinion Ours, is far more detailed and thought out. It won't be using the stock grab bar and is competely different???!! It will be stronger than stock when we're done. Sorry for the tone, but don't assume I copy people..

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
Sorry, never heard of this guy or seen his design, It's actually a copy of the stock extension, with a kickup. It was drawn from scratch using my ideas and measurements. In my opinion Ours, is far more detailed and thought out. It won't be using the stock grab bar and is competely different???!! It will be stronger than stock when we're done. Sorry for the tone, but don't assume I copy people..

Just calling it how I see it from YOUR own Pictures and seeing Moto's sled in Person looks VERY similar to what he did. Otis's is NOT and exact copy of Moto's build. Guess GREAT minds think alike or something like that:confused:

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
What makes you think Motopsycho was the first one to do what he did? If that is the case I modded my stock tunnel before him therefore I deserve some credit. Get real. Snowest is not the only place in the world!

Nice work SylvanLaker.

Wow that looks great! It looks like you were totally in inspired by MotoPsycho's build last Fall.

http://snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111228
Most guys give him a bit of CREDIT when they borrow or enhance his designs though!

Michelle

Premium Features