• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

nytro oil change?

A
Jan 7, 2008
So I'm doing the first oil change on my nytro with 500 miles. I read the manual and is says to put in 2 liters of oil. a little less the 4 liters came out. farther into the manual it say to put in 3 liters for an oil change, 3.2 liters for an oil change with filter, and then says the motor holds 3.9 liters. should I just dump in 4 quarts and call it good, because thats about what came out of it. below is a copy of what the manual says.
E

step 14. Fill:
• Engine oil
(with the specified amount of the recommended
engine oil)

Add 2.0 L (1.76 Imp qt, 2.11 US qt) of the recommended
engine oil to the oil tank, and then
install and tighten the oil level gauge and the
cylinder head oil filler cap.

15. Inspect:
• Engine and oil tank
(for oil leaks)

16. Inspect:
• Engine oil level
Refer to “ENGINE OIL LEVEL INSPECTION”.

Quantity:
Total amount:
3.90 L (3.43 Imp qt, 4.12 US qt)

Periodic oil change:
3.00 L (2.64 Imp qt, 3.17 US qt)

With oil filter cartridge replacement:
3.20 L (2.82 Imp qt, 3.38 US qt)

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
Run the sled till it's warm. Drain crankcase, drain oil tank, change filter. Put in 3.2 litres of fresh oil, run it and then recheck the level. Repeat in about 3000k (recommend sooner if you have boost, oil's cheap);)

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I believe you need to fill the tank with 2L then start the motor, let the oil get pumped through to the motor, then stop the engine, check and fill another quantity of 1-1.4L to get the level to the proper height. You don't add oil to the motor, you add it to the tank and then cycle it through to the motor...make sense now?

So I'm doing the first oil change on my nytro with 500 miles. I read the manual and is says to put in 2 liters of oil. a little less the 4 liters came out. farther into the manual it say to put in 3 liters for an oil change, 3.2 liters for an oil change with filter, and then says the motor holds 3.9 liters. should I just dump in 4 quarts and call it good, because thats about what came out of it. below is a copy of what the manual says.
E

step 14. Fill:
• Engine oil
(with the specified amount of the recommended
engine oil)

Add 2.0 L (1.76 Imp qt, 2.11 US qt) of the recommended
engine oil to the oil tank, and then
install and tighten the oil level gauge and the
cylinder head oil filler cap.

15. Inspect:
• Engine and oil tank
(for oil leaks)

16. Inspect:
• Engine oil level
Refer to “ENGINE OIL LEVEL INSPECTION”.

Quantity:
Total amount:
3.90 L (3.43 Imp qt, 4.12 US qt)

Periodic oil change:
3.00 L (2.64 Imp qt, 3.17 US qt)

With oil filter cartridge replacement:
3.20 L (2.82 Imp qt, 3.38 US qt)

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Yeah, it's kinda tedious, but only needs to be done once a season or so. Don't forget to ensure the o-ring comes off when you pull the filter off. They are known to stick to the motor, causing major problems if not positively removed.

S
Dec 17, 2007
I asked the same question when doing mine. Apparently the engine holds ~.7L in the oil channels, ports or whatever. Just put 3.2 L in tank (with filter change) run for a bit then re-check.

Premium Features