• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTB: sled ski hold down clamps for trailer

S

SuaveGato

Jul 1, 2008
Yo,
anyone replace their old hand crank clamps with the new "Super clamps" and want to sell your old ones? I'm sick of straping down the sleds with ratchet straps... Need 2, le'me know a price?
thanks,

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Yes the guys are just working on your ramp extension right now, if you come in after 1 today they will have it all buttoned up. We are also putting super glides on the extension at no charge for you.

These tie downs are for the ski's not the track. When you come in today we can have a look at your setup and see if we can't get your setup a little more user friendly.

Maybe we can sell you one of our decks, that will make everything real user friendly, I have a real nice white powder coated one that would look good on your truck LOL.

See you this afternoon.

Jeff

A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho
There a piece of cake to build. Just get you some 1x2 heavy gauge aluminum square tube. cut to length and drill a hole in the center. handles can be as simple as going to the pawn store and buying the appropriate size wrench and welding it to the bolt, or spend a little more time and make your own. Lot cheaper than 150 bucks and you wont be so mad when some one steals them off your trailer :mad:

holddown001.jpg

holddown002.jpg

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Making them is certainly an option. But if you don't have the saw, drill, welding equipment. Don't want to spend the time to drive around to your local shops to pick up the supplies, then spend the time to assemble it, you can spend $150 and we will include everything you need:

2 tie down bars
2 threaded tie down handles
2 backing plates with nuts welded in place

If you do want to make your own here is a list of what you should get:

2 lengths of aluminum square tube that will span your ski's 2" x 1" works just fine (as mentioned above)

2 10" piece's of threaded rod

2 8" piece's of 1" x 1" steel use as handle (to be welded to the threarded rod)

2 steel nuts that are the same thread as the threaded rod

2 steel backing plates to weld nuts to.

If you have the tools then this is no problem to do, just set aside an afternoon to do it.

Jeff

S

SuaveGato

Jul 1, 2008
AWESOME GUYS, THANKS! Sorry for the late response, was out seldding yesterday and got back LATE! lot's a great idea's and offers, thank you! Let me mull this all over and get back to y'all or build me some?
thank you,
Happy sledding!

superclamp

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2008
Yes the guys are just working on your ramp extension right now, if you come in after 1 today they will have it all buttoned up. We are also putting super glides on the extension at no charge for you.

These tie downs are for the ski's not the track. When you come in today we can have a look at your setup and see if we can't get your setup a little more user friendly.

Maybe we can sell you one of our decks, that will make everything real user friendly, I have a real nice white powder coated one that would look good on your truck LOL.

See you this afternoon.

Jeff

Superclamp Does make a Tie down for the rear of the sled, Superclamp -rear

superclamp

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2008
Suavegato, Question, if you are sick and tired of straping down your sled, why would you want to go to the bar and crank method (ancient way) as many snowmobiler have lots of inconviences with this system also. If it is about the money, remember you pay for what you get and we gaurantee you will not be unhappy with a purchuse of a Superclamp products. Jeff will help you out I am sure, go forward not backward. Food for thought.

S

SuaveGato

Jul 1, 2008
Suavegato, Question, if you are sick and tired of straping down your sled, why would you want to go to the bar and crank method (ancient way) as many snowmobiler have lots of inconviences with this system also. If it is about the money, remember you pay for what you get and we gaurantee you will not be unhappy with a purchuse of a Superclamp products. Jeff will help you out I am sure, go forward not backward. Food for thought.

I am VERY familiar with the superclamps, a couple frineds have them, love them, yes, a MUCH better mousetrap but...
I recently got laid off so have little to no dinero and, my trailer used to have the screw kind, so it's already set up for them, just need them and I'm good to go... so although they aren't "superclamps" they are better than ratchet straps and when I can afford the superclamps I'll likely upgrade. But for now, I got some of the old style for free, so that's a step up for me!

Premium Features