• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sway bar removal on Nytro

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
I would leave it. The disadvantages far outweigh the advantages. Besides, it will be really hard to put back in when you change your mind after the first day of riding without it.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
I pulled mine out of my XTX. It's easier to handle in the rough now. Dosn't corner as flat on the high speed turns, but I don't do much of that anyway.
MTX may not see the same benifits, by removing the bar as the XTX. Since the XTX has a wider front end.
You can get the bar out, without cutting it. By removing the belly, side panels and sway bar mounts. Just in case you want to put it back in!:beer;

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
you can take it out without cutting it. the one bolt is easy to get at on each side, the other is alittle harder and needs alittle heat put to it prior to trying to loosen the allen head bolt. remove the side panels, and skid plate, remove the lower rivet holding the tie rod boot, and have at it. if you dont like it, put it back in. ski

T

triple Black

Dec 11, 2008
Revelstoke BC
www.farwestfilms.com
take it out for sure unless your a hardcore trail guy. no need to get the saw out its about the easiest sway bar ive ever removed. sway bar makes it much more difficult to stick to the groove while climbing and carving. i run floats on mine with 174 m10 and no sway bar of course.

grayghost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Montana
I also had mixed feelings about removing the sway bar, but once you do you won't look back. Especially if you strectch it out to a 162 or 174 it makes it easier to throw around. I do have adjustable walker evans up front and stiffened them up just a touch. Does roll a bit more in the corners on the trail but if your a mountain guy who cares.

M
Jan 14, 2004
I pulled mine. With the stock springs it had too much roll but I had a set of stiffer springs lying around and they cured the problem. With the Floats you'll be good to go. You should be able to get it out in and hour or two without any cutting.

M5

O
Feb 12, 2008
If you can fabicate a quick disconect for one of the dog bones you will have the best of both worlds. I removed mine with no regrets, but I like boondocking and hate trails.

Premium Features