• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GPS units

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Don't get in over your head.

A lot of the new ones do all sorts of stuff... how much of that do you really need.

I sport a Garmin GPS12. 1024 track points, 500 waypoints, 20 routes.... and that's it. Talks to my radios/computers; don't really need much else. Sure, topo maps would be nice, but I can go without that.

There's a ton of threads on here already.... do some searching and you'll find the answers you're looking for.

R
Nov 26, 2007
Saskatchewan
Ive got my Garmin 60 CS for sale. right now. $250.00 Canadian shipped and its yours. You can download topo maps, city maps, marine maps etc etc. Its a great unit. Has the altimeter and barometer in it as well and does turn by turn directions for city driving. Its for sale in the "communications / avalanche " section in the swap meet.

W

Wish

Apr 30, 2002
Tri Cities, WA
www.staceysdesign.com
I would go with the Garmin Rhino's I have a 120 and my old man has a 5...something, (I can't remember now) They are super handy...the walkie talkie feature combination is great. I honestly wouldn't buy anything different....plus the older series go for pretty cheap now days.

Premium Features