• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any old school mountain ski doo's??

G

GADGETMONKEY

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i'm Modifying a 96 mxz 670 with a 151 track and tunnel and would like to see some pics of 90's mod sleds for inspiration.
:cool:

I will look and see if I have any pictures of the ole 670 moddy.

It was just plain ole worn out at the end of last year--took her apart and sold the good parts and junked the rest:o She was alot of fun over the years--a great sled for sure--but the heart lives on in another sled:).

H20SKE...

94 doo

Here's one that fits the bill, 94 tunnel, bulkhead, seat and plastic. 99X rear, 98 front, 686cc ported and such, X pipe, HPS, custom ufo's, modified airbox and such, Custom hood, 151x16x2 (wish it was 2.5), streeeeeetched chaincase with a couple gears and a long chain, some of this and that, and oh yeah a little red button too!:D

Last edited:
This is "Mutt"...

This sled has been an on-going project that has been together for about 5 years now, built piece by piece off of the forum, ebay, local guys, and anywhere else I could find parts. Every year I add or do something different.

Starting with a '97 Summit chassis, this is how I built it-
670 (stock bore, old style crank, new style case. PIA, but it CAN be done!)
SLP ceramic-coated twins (these work AWESOME on this sled, 0'-3500')
Tunnel-ported
501 Rotary with 670x cover
44mm carbs (sure are hard on the thumb)
Dual EGT guage (squeaked on piston early on, this is my insurance policy)
D&R
9 tooth drivers
19/43 gearing
ZX chassis 800 Summit 144 'Doo track (It sucks...)
'99 600 Mountain Cat rear skid. 136 set back 4" (I don't like 'Cats, but....)
'01 700 Summit front shocks (added some travel)
'98 583 MXz radius rods, steering rods, and trailing arms.
ZX chassis seat, tank, and tank cover. (PIA to install, but makes it different!)
Outlaw Composites hood. (I spend alot of time mending...)
Cheap $20 Fly steel bars. (They feel great, and I've never bent them.)
Yellow Polaris mountain strap
ZX chassis front spindles, w/ machined spacers (added after pictures)
Rev MXz Precision skis
Holeshot skidplate
Cobra windshield
Recently added -
Fabcraft trailing arms and aluminum radius rods
Reverse kit, for my 14yo daughter, who LOVES this sled! :D

It is not a mountain killer, but it is a really fun sled, and the suspension front and rear are just killer. Jumping this sled is a blast!

After buying and getting used to the XP, I just can't ride it anymore. Wrestling it around and the riding postion just beat me up too bad. I guess I am getting too old!

It is now the buddy/back-up/daughter's sled.

MuttZX1.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]
MuttZX3.jpg
[/IMG]
MuttZX2.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is my 97 Summit 670. 144x16x2 track, SLP pipes, domed heads, Himark secondary, Simmons skis, 6" riser, SLP cold air intake, exhaust deflector, hotdogger. I've had it for 2 years and I'm still lovin' it.

97Summit.jpg

Here's my old iron, 99 Summit X670 with a Split Second 809 triple. D/R chaincase with a 159 camo. It's gonna be a spare now, once I rode a Rev I coudn't get how fun it was out of my mind. I'll probably miss the power though, buying AV gas, not so much.

IMG_1658 (Medium).JPG

:face-icon-small-coo
as i was told last time my vintage sled was old???
soon afterwards someone ate snow particals;
97, 670 summit,
turbo,fat boy pipe, u.f.o's,artic roller secondary, rolled chaincase,10 tooth extroverts,custom tunnel, lightweight seat, carbon and kevelor hood,digatron gauges,2007 rev ski's, removed boogie wheels, all lights,reflectors, and unessesary weight.
still looking for a picture in my old computor hope to forward it soon.
fully fuel it weights 567 lbs

Wow amazing machines

I'm happy to see they still rock hills and create the thrills. Now I have to get some pics of my project up,;) not quite as nice as all the above sleds but in time look out!!

:face-icon-small-coo
as i was told last time my vintage sled was old???
soon afterwards someone ate snow particals;
97, 670 summit,
turbo,fat boy pipe, u.f.o's,artic roller secondary, rolled chaincase,10 tooth extroverts,custom tunnel, lightweight seat, carbon and kevelor hood,digatron gauges,2007 rev ski's, removed boogie wheels, all lights,reflectors, and unessesary weight.
still looking for a picture in my old computor hope to forward it soon.
fully fuel it weights 567 lbs

1991 617 Rotax, polished ports, clipped rotor, 521 flywheel for more advance, converted to dual ignition, dynoed 110 Hp, custom deep tunnel, rolled and extended chain case, Polaris primary, Cat roller secondary, light weight hood, light weight suspension, 21/35 gears, titanium driveshaft and jack shaft.

Ran this sled 12 years. Worn right out - good thing the REV came along.

21 35 gears (Small).JPG Clutches.JPG

LOOKS LIKE THE ROTAX 670 CAN MAKE SOME SERIOUS POWER, i LOVE IT WHEN YOU GET UP ON THE TAIL END OF THE TRACK AND STRETCH YOUR FINGERS OUT. IS THERE ANYONE THAT BUILDS A AFTERMARKET OR STRONGER THEN STOCK CRANK MINE IS BROKE AND SO FAR I KEEP FINDING 670 THAT NEED A CRANK i WONDER WHAT CAUSED IT TO BREAK WHAT MODS i COULD DO TO REMEDY IT FOR THE NEXT CRANK?

A few of the old S-chassis mod.

Can't wait to see pics of this build. They just don't make them like they used to. The 670 was one of the best sled engines ever built.

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Paint2.jpg

Great sleds! Keep 'em coming!

JROD- that sled is awesome! That sled would have been my wet-dream about five years ago... :D

I'm getting into this thread. Love looking at all the "old" sleds. Gives us something different to look at than "XP this", and "XP that" all day.....:rolleyes:

Premium Features

Back