• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Finished building my new Nytro Tunnel

M
Jan 14, 2004
Well here it is good or bad. For sure the toughest tunnel I've ever built. Too many curves. I'm going 156 but the tunnel will handle a 162 although it'd be tight, also set up for a 16 wide should I decide to go that route late on but for now I'm sticking with a 15 .

M5

Nytrotun1.JPG Nytrotun2.JPG Nytrotun3.JPG Nytrotun4.JPG Nytrotun5.JPG

M
Jan 14, 2004
Best part is they are heated. I have them on my RX turbo and I never have any snow issues. All my sleds now have them.

M5

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Very nice job! How did you run the coolant?

Also, what are the specs on the expanded running board material? I want to say steel, but I am guessing aluminum based upon the spacing.....

Looks great though, really great!

M
Jan 14, 2004
Running boards are aluminum raised expanded mesh. I built them myself. They are extremely labour intesive to build. Tunnel all in dropped 14 pounds over stock. Because the running boards are coolers too I eliminated the under tunnel cooler from Yamaha. Unlike most guys who are doing the rad delete thing I believe that a rad with a fan is more versatile as far as cooling under different conditions. Dropping the rad might lose a few more pounds but I don't really care about a lb here or there.

M5

Last edited:
Running boards are aluminum raised expanded mesh. I built them myself. They are extremely labour intesive to build. Tunnel all in dropped 14 pounds over stock. Because the running boards are coolers too I eliminated the under tunnel cooler from Yamaha. Unlike most guys who are doing the rad delete thing I believe that a rad with a fan is more versatile as far as cooling under different conditions. Dropping the rad might lose a few more pounds but I don't really care about a lb here or there.

M5

Do you own or work at a machine shop? Or just bought all the stuff to start one Lol. :beer;

B

Bullheadmoto

Dec 26, 2007
Very very nice work, man. Did you weigh everything stock vs. yours including cooling peripherals? What was the total weight of stock tunnel and all cooling vs yours? Rivets, everything..

M
Jan 14, 2004
The actual numbers are in my shop but if I remember the stock tunnel with the little cooler and all the seat plastic and heat shield is about 46lbs. I do have it written down and my tunnel with everything is just around 32. Powder coat adds about 2 lbs to a tunnel but it's well worth it cause snow doesn't stick near as bad. The actual weight loss IMO on a tunnel isn't as important as how the tunnel sheds snow or doesn't collect it in the first place. It becomes kinda irrelevant if you have something really light that is packing 20 lbs of ice on it all day.

M5

Monster Max

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Once again beautiful job.

I know what you mean on playing with the nytro tunnel angles.

Not fun

K

khk

Dec 3, 2007
Underwood WA
Very nice job you have allot of talent. the nytro tunnel is a real head scratcher to build lots of angle's I like your kick up in the back.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
x2 i'd be all over that for the apex if i cash right now. do u ever have problems with the running boards flexing or bending at all?

Premium Features