• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Active Ventilation Option- for owners of gauge lifts

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Here’s my solution for trying to actively manage underhood heat. You *must* have a WRP/”Madsigntist” or WildChild gauge relocation bracket for this to work.

This fan is modified to be waterproof to IP55 standards. That’s not to say the fan will not fail due to water or dust ingress, but helps minimize the potential. The electronics and the field coils were encapsulated in a UL recognized MIL-I-46058C polyurethane. A synthetic grease, used on Mil/aero fans, has been added to the bearing shields and shaft to prevent corrosion. Polyurethane was also brushed on the stator to retard corrosion.
This is a direct plug in- there is no cutting, drilling or other modifications of the snowmobile required.

The fan moves 67cfm of air and only draws .38amp of current and comes with all necessary hardware and step by step instructions. All you need to do is remove your hood, 2 bolts, and install. Total estimated time is roughly 30 minutes. Maybe more if you have a few malted beverages.
Initially I will be making these on a one off, per-order basis. Anticipated turnaround time is approximately 1 week. If there is enough demand, I will order components to build and stock an inventory, reducing turnaround time to a day or 2.

Price is $60.00 SHIPPED in the United States via USPS flat rate box.

I will ship to Canada as well- price is $70.00 SHIPPED via USPS flat rate box.

PayPal is my preferred method of payment. Please send PayPal payments to: likkerpig@mail.com (yes, just mail.com- NOT gmail…)

http://youtu.be/GMQ86BoRmHs

Installed:

20131102_233125.jpg

COP-OUT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
LEWISTOWN,MONTANA
Polaris gauge lifter and bag

Will this system work with the Polaris gauge lifter and bag. I know there is some mesh venting on the engine side of the bag some the warm air dries out gloves,goggles etc.etc.
Thanks

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Sent you an email then had another question....do you have to remove and re-install the WRP gauge lifter if it's already installed?

Thanks and great idea. I hope to get some questions answered and order one.

G

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I'll try and address all the questions in 1 shot here.

TBurton- I have an installed pic, hopefully that will suffice until I receive the parts later this week. I could take the one out of my sled if you'd like, it's not a large effort to do so. Let me know if you'd like me to do that.

Jakey-Boy- I have parts on order, expecting them in end of this week/early next week. If they get here tomorrow, I'll try and get them out in Saturday's mail. I'm guessing it will likely be early next week before I have everything though.

Cop-out- Think we exchanged a few emails today? If not shoot me a PM here and we'll talk. I know based upon pics I've seen, it CAN be mounted to the hood. Have a few minor concerns with fitment of the wire harness (don't want it rubbing on the fan blades) and evacuation of hot air out the clutch side vent. I know it will fit and work, but want to confirm before we get too far down that road...

Old Skud-Doo- You do not need to remove the lifter. Just need to remove the hood, pull the headlight pod, remove the 2 right hand (exhaust side) bolts, set it in, put supplied new bolts in, and you're essentially done. Very easy install.

Scootdog- I wanted to do this with my old M7, but never got around to it until this year (after I sold my 06 M end of last summer....) I would venture to guess it'd be just fine but the bolt pattern may not line up correctly. It's been better than a year since I've had my M so I don't recall measurements, underhood power source, etc.... Shoot me an email- likkerpig@mail.com and we'll talk offline about developing this for M Series sleds (or just yours, if you'd like!)

If you guys have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! If you need a faster response during the day, email me: likkerpig@mail.com

Thank you all for your interest!!

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Accessory power port under the hood by the headlight pod. It's hard to see in the pic, but if you follow the wires on the bottom of the pic, you'll see a small portion of it.

Premium Features