• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sledding / Snowboarding

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
A guy on another board I post on who lives in CO was asking me for advice about sledding and snowboarding.

I don't snowboard, and don't intend on ever starting, but he's wanting to basically buy a sled for back country snowboarding and whatnot ... I am thinking he would buy the sled for "snowboarding" but would probably wind up being pretty into sledding as well.

Do any of you guys do the whole snowmobiling/snowboarding thing? Where are good places in CO to do this? I know a lot of guys do it at disney la....er....Vail Pass .... but is there anywhere else?

Let me know what you all think.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Vail Pass would be a good place for him to start at. Needs to get good on the sled before he gets into the more gnarly backcountry areas of Colorado. Cheetah Factory Racing sells some pretty nice snowboard racks for sleds. Expensive, but well worth the $$$ IMO.

I was once a snowboarder who bought both the big CO passes every year. Needless to say, this will be my first year to NOT buy ANY pass. Snowmobiling for the win :beer;

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
yeah, vail pass. That place is thick with snowmoboarders there.

It'd be a real nice place to ride if it weren't for the hodgepodge of snowboard/skiers.

S
Jan 28, 2008
Denver, CO
Vail Pass or Buffalo Pass are the best place to start. To get to the good stuff, you need to be a compitent snowmobiler. Problem is, once you get to be a compitent sledder, you'll decide that snowmobiling is more fun than snowboarding!

W

Waldo11

Oct 15, 2008
Denver, CO
Vail Pass or Buffalo Pass are the best place to start. To get to the good stuff, you need to be a compitent snowmobiler. Problem is, once you get to be a compitent sledder, you'll decide that snowmobiling is more fun than snowboarding!

Oh so true!

A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
What makes Vail pass so nice is in designated snowmoblie/skier access, they would groom a track up a mountain, the sleds had to stay on the track but the skiers/snowboarders could go anywhere. This would make it really easy to double or pull people up the mountain, other wise you have to spend half of your day putting in a trail just to get around while riding two up. A great place for learning to ride two up.

AverageJoe

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2008
Marble, CO
www.SnowBikeWest.com

Every skier or snowboarder I know--even my cousin in Tahoe--that bought a sled, left their boards behind by about the 3rd trip out and never brought it again... I left skiing for sledding back east before I even moved out here!

Premium Features