• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

recalls out 08 d8

K
Nov 29, 2007
kelowna bc
so i got some input on the recall on lastyears d8. the part# is out. it`s new pistons and head and whatever # of reflash it`s up too now. so dealer should be starting the work orders soon.

Not sure..I could not get him to specify. He told me that the issue was a jetting issue that caused the problems with pistons. Therefore the lower elevation. We ride above 10,000'. Higher elevations are not being effected. That is the reason I wanted to know if all 800 D8 are being recalled.... Now would be the time to be fixing this issue, not when there is snow on the ground....

Last edited:
D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
so i got some input on the recall on lastyears d8. the part# is out. it`s new pistons and head and whatever # of reflash it`s up too now. so dealer should be starting the work orders soon.
So what is the bulliten number?

I had my D8 at the dealer yesterday and at 5:30 pst they had no info on it..I ride at 1100 ft and up here in Washington. We ran my VIN number and all to see. I would not be surprised however as Polaris doesnt do well with communications.....see if you can get us some more info like the Bulliten number..thanks for checking.

BTW...see if you can get a definition of what a "low evelation machine" is?

Last edited:
D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Not sure..I could not get him to specify. He told me that the issue was a jetting issue that caused the problems with pistons. Therefore the lower elevation. We ride above 10,000'. Higher elevations are not being effected. That is the reason I wanted to know if all 800 D8 are being recalled or am I being stone walled by my dealer??? Now would be the time to be fixing this issue, not when there is snow on the ground....
So do they (Polaris)think that people never go on Vacation to other areas/elevations? People dont move...sleds dont get sold to other peole..etc..

F

freerideordie

Dec 24, 2007
B.C.
so far, what i understand, is the the reflash is for canadian and international sleds. usa dealers can't do the reflash

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Not sure..I could not get him to specify. He told me that the issue was a jetting issue that caused the problems with pistons. Therefore the lower elevation. We ride above 10,000'. Higher elevations are not being effected. That is the reason I wanted to know if all 800 D8 are being recalled or am I being stone walled by my dealer??? Now would be the time to be fixing this issue, not when there is snow on the ground....
Ghostrider...could you please update your profile with the State and City you live in. It helps give us a better understanding when dealer related posts and sale issues etc. come up...thank you.

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
so far, what i understand, is the the reflash is for canadian and international sleds. usa dealers can't do the reflash

If the March map & other maps are released on digital wrench why can't US Dealers download & install? US sleds have the EPA regs so thats why Poo may have an issue with a US remap as a recall. Isn't it still available to the dealer. They won't get paid by Polaris but bet some dealers are or will be doing it anyway.:light:

gerrman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Canada
Fix the Fix

If this recall is a go, it is of concern to me. Will the new piston/head parts still apply to my situation because I had my engine rebuilt in Mar/Apr of 08 (new everything except for case and head). Are the new pistons a two ring design? The ones in my rebuild were single ring. I hope this does not affect the HP too much? As I and other fellow 08 D8 riders in my area of BC Canada already feel the 08 D8 is down on power!!!!!

F

freerideordie

Dec 24, 2007
B.C.
"dealers in the us attempting to reflash a 2008 700 iq / switchback or 800 rmk snowmobile with the new filesets will be locked out and will not be able to complete the reflash process" that all i know bout that?????

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Just had my 08D8 VIN number checked for any bullitins and there are none as of 12:24 PST. Now I am wondering about the low elevation topic as mine was ordered as a 6000-8000ft setup( which only changes the primary clutch weight a bit)but I have moved to 2000-4000 country. If POO goes by how they are ordered if this recall even really exists then I may not be on their list. If there is a head/piston issue I would think it would be product wide. Try not to get to worried as of right now we only have rumor and speculation.

Last edited:

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
I've officially given up on the reflash. As black as my plugs and pistons look, there is no way it is meeting EPA regs. I am going to wait it out for the power commander and do it myself.
As for the engine recalls. Per a prior thread, I thought this was more than likely limited to the earliest production d8's. Something about piston clearance.
I'm guessing if Polaris just announced a part # it will take a few weeks for the dealers to even find out about it. Remember, for some reason because of this fine website. We seem to be more privy to information than most Polaris dealers. Unfortunately, they have a very poor communication network when it comes to recalls and things of the sort.
If it is an actual recall, I have to assume that we should either expect a letter in the mail. Or, a call from the dealer where your sled was purchased. :face-icon-small-ton
Remember the infamous letter from last year that was sent to everyone that snowchecked a sled except me. Sorry, that just reminded me of that for some reason. It made me laugh anyway.

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
So I will say that I work at a polaris dalership and as of right now there are no recals out for the 800 dragon if one is told to us I will post asap and let everyone know what it is and what it affects I hope this will help

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
So I will say that I work at a polaris dalership and as of right now there are no recals out for the 800 dragon if one is told to us I will post asap and let everyone know what it is and what it affects I hope this will help
Thank you sir,
Some inside help is valuable.

Regards,mw

Last edited:

gerrman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Canada
Recall/Reflash/Re???? 08 D8`s

Was at my Dealer today. They reflashed their first 08 D8 with the latest release from Polaris (mid-late Sept/08). This reflash was a BC, Canada one if that makes any difference? Talked with the mechanic about the contents of the reflash. He said there is no way of telling if it was a twin map one or not? All that is given at Digital Wrench is the required reflash serial number. No connecting of jumper wires needed either. They also have had no indication of a general or specific recall on 08 D8`s as of today. There is snow in the hills. Should be able to do a test ride by the beginning of Nov.

T
Dec 6, 2007
My understanding of the jumper wire is that it is about 5% leaner above 6000 rpm with the jumper plugged in, so if you are NOT burning Oxygenated fuel you should have it jumpered however if you are burning it you should have it unplugged. I am wondering how the 09's come from the factory? I am sure you guys have talked about it but I missed it.

sledcaddie

Premium Member
Feb 11, 2008
Lincoln, NE
ethanol wires

My dealer has 2 09 Dragons and 2 09 RMKs. None have the wires plugged together from the factory. As I've previously said, I hope Polaris gives us a fix for the flash/excess fuel consumption BEFORE it's time to ride!

Premium Features