• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Warning to all 09 iq owners.....check your sleds!

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
My night went to **** pretty quick when I found the "paint" coming off of my hood. If you have a Polaris coming for 09 or have it already inspect all hard edges on your hood. I appears that the "Paint" which appears to be more of a film did not adhere to the hood material.

Pictures say it all!

I figures I found this 5 minutes after the dealer closed.....sure hope Polaris can get me a hood in time for our shows coming up or there will be a pretty new sled with no hood and a sign in place of it saying why!

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious2: :veryangry:

View attachment 30293

It's doing this all around the hood in different spots.

This was the last thing I needed.............

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Gay. That's what the warranty is for. Demand a new hood and installed by the dealer. Good luck...

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Hard to believe another quality control issue from Polaris. :rolleyes: I'm very sorry to hear about that. Especially, for you. Your sled is used for work and play. Hopefully, just a single isolated incident. It always sucks when it happens to you though. Lets hope they fix it quick.
Good luck
Monte

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
my sled as well as the other 2 black rmk 800's we got this year didnt have that problem..... sorry to hear it, hopefully your's is the only one though

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
My night went to **** pretty quick when I found the "paint" coming off of my hood. If you have a Polaris coming for 09 or have it already inspect all hard edges on your hood. I appears that the "Paint" which appears to be more of a film did not adhere to the hood material.

Pictures say it all!

I figures I found this 5 minutes after the dealer closed.....sure hope Polaris can get me a hood in time for our shows coming up or there will be a pretty new sled with no hood and a sign in place of it saying why!

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious2: :veryangry:

View attachment 30293

It's doing this all around the hood in different spots.

This was the last thing I needed.............

Are you frick'n kidding me. I wonder if it has something to do with the new flat hoods this year? However, I do not know of any flat black hoods being sold. My 06 RMK and my 08 RMK has very solid glossy paint.

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
the sleds are not painted. they are solid colored. 07 were painted, 08-9 solid colored plastic. not sure what the film is for, unless it was a gloss layer. obviously not paint. sucks though.

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
almost looks like a protective layer for transport and might not be paint.??
just a thought

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
No, it's what makes the molded black hood material look like gloss black paint.
While on this subject...Make sure if you trailer them that you have a hood liner/protector under your cover if you run a Polaris cover. I was surprised that Polaris doesnt incorporate a liner in their covers. I ran it one time and of course its the wifes new sled that's all Black and it has about 20 smudges about the size of a silver dollar that I havent been able to get oput of the finish.

I have the same stuff on my Red Drag. but it doesnt show as much..add a few brush scratches to it and it covers up well.

I have tried plastic polish on the black and it doesnt help much.
Does anybody have a solution for this.

Premium Features