• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

track punching

C
Jan 26, 2008
Does punching the track with holes gain anything ? loss of rotating weight is the biggest gain supposedly. How much weight can I loose from a 144 2" track and is it worth it or a waste of time.

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
URL for track punching/porting

Does punching the track with holes gain anything ? loss of rotating weight is the biggest gain supposedly. How much weight can I loose from a 144 2" track and is it worth it or a waste of time.

Here is a URL as this has been hashed out before.
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?p=829038
Weight savings is minimal..if you do it yourself it is worth it..I saw what a friend of mine paid and I personally didnt see the value for that price tag plus the deisel to get the track to the guy that did it and the personal labor for the RandR to each there own I guess.
In light powder the track is cleared of snow inside. In heavy snow it doesnt do much at all. Some say it helps in cooling..how much or how that was determined would be a good question??

At one time there was a report from one of the track manufactures gurus on this subject but I havnt been able to find it again. They had mixed emotions on the whole thing.

Premium Features