• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Moral dimema need opinions

I bought this sled last spring because I wanted the motor out of it for my IQR. I figured I would part the rest out. When I picked up the sled I was told it belonged to Keith Curtis (King of Kings and current Hill Climb World Champ) but I honestly figured it was just bull to try to help move it. Well I got the title in the mail and it was his sled and I am told it was his race sled before big time Polaris sponsorship. Now I have grown a coincenience and wonder if I can dismantle it. I know obviously he did not win it all on this sled but hey I have never had a snowmobile owned by a famous guy. What the heck is everyones opinion on what I should do with it now? Pics of the sled are on my profile. I will post some on this if I can find them on my home computer.

Apr 21, 2008
You said "formerly" owned by Keith Curtis, so you own it now. I would start by taking off the pipes :). I don't see it as being anything special just because a hillclimber used to ride it before he was sponsored by Polaris. Tear the motor out.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I agree, takes some pics and start wrenching...I bought my boy a Prox 440 a few years back that turned out to be Quillan's old sled...showed it too as time went on!!!

S
Nov 26, 2007
I tore into Andrew Johnstad's old sled (now mine) without looking back. It was a semi-pro open title winner. Does anybody want his seat cover as memorilbilia? My name isn't Andrew Johnstad so it doesn't do me much good!!

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
apparently somebody named hoyer? used to own my iqr......I started gutting it 5 minutes after I got it home. not like it belonged to Elvis or it has a vision of christ eroded into the tunnel, so it's a mod now:beer;

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
apparently somebody named hoyer? used to own my iqr......I started gutting it 5 minutes after I got it home. not like it belonged to Elvis or it has a vision of christ eroded into the tunnel, so it's a mod now:beer;

LMAO !!!!

I wonder how a vision of Christ eroded into the tunnel or onto the track would go with the media???

Maybe do a Craiglist or some other sites to sell for free. If you get somebody willing to pay up then make the deal only if you get a better deal and can find a better deal with the sled gone and cash in hand.

Premium Features