• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP pipe and can on 09 D8..Bad???

T
Whats the story on this??? Did it cause any problems last year with all the refashes of the ecu??? which ecu set-up worked??? Talked to slp yesterday to see and they told me they did not know if the 09 ecu was ok with the resister in the pipe plug or I would need to buy a control box yet. WTF....

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
thats no good.... if their anything like last year's they look good and lighten up the sled a little but their isnt a noticable power gain

J-Dog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho Falls Id
There is a big differance if you pipe,reeds,airintake,gearing and clutch it right . Well worth it but you have to do all of that to get it . Alot of people just put a pipe on and ride it , then I would say yes not worth it.

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
There is a big differance if you pipe,reeds,airintake,gearing and clutch it right . Well worth it but you have to do all of that to get it . Alot of people just put a pipe on and ride it , then I would say yes not worth it.

I agree, you got 2 lengths with the pipe & maybe another 2 with clutching. That's a lot if you on the short end.

jcb

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2004
Where there is snow
For the 1 hp its not worth the extra few hundred. I just put a HPS can on my Assault and thats it. Sounds great to. Lost 10lb

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
carls cycle has a good clutch kit already put together for sale, not sure on the price.... slp also has clutch kits they recomend for certain mods and elevation. as far as piecing your own together thats opening up a whole can of worms... probably be some guys on here that could give you some good info on putting together your own but i've heard nothing but good things about carls cylce's clutch kit

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
carls cycle has a good clutch kit already put together for sale, not sure on the price.... slp also has clutch kits they recomend for certain mods and elevation. as far as piecing your own together thats opening up a whole can of worms... probably be some guys on here that could give you some good info on putting together your own but i've heard nothing but good things about carls cylce's clutch kit

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^There you go.....
Carls for sure. Just tell them what other after market stuff you're running, riding style and elevation and they'll hook you up. Also Tri City in Utah is another option.

G

GONRIDIN

Whats the story on this??? Did it cause any problems last year with all the refashes of the ecu??? which ecu set-up worked??? Talked to slp yesterday to see and they told me they did not know if the 09 ecu was ok with the resister in the pipe plug or I would need to buy a control box yet. WTF....

Your pissed because they dont have an answer on an 09 sled, yet we dont even have snow to test yet. How do you expect them to give you an answer with out being able to test the final map.

These guys arent new to this game. They know that they cant give out any garenteed answers untill they are 100% sure of what they are saying.

For the 1 hp its not worth the extra few hundred. I just put a HPS can on my Assault and thats it. Sounds great to. Lost 10lb

Your kidding, right! I dont care how much HP HPS claims, there can doesnt hold a candle to the performance that can be gained from the pipe kit. The SLP set up works very well and was well worth the investment for what was gained. I have never seen just an HPS can run with an SLP pipe set or even remotely close to it.

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
[The SLP set up works very well and was well worth the investment for what was gained. I have never seen just an HPS can run with an SLP pipe set or even remotely close to it.[/QUOTE]

what elevation and what octane gas do you use
I am on the fence about this pipe system
I would be running at sea level to 3 k feet and the gas is questionable I fear i may always be in the timming retarded mode with extra fuel turned on by the ECU to control the DET

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
^^^^^^^^^^
Check out the threads in the IQ section on Hardcore Sledder. Plenty of reading to be had concerning the SLP pipe without a reflash on the 2009's. It deals with the short tracks but the RMK's shouldn't be different. There's a thread here too about it.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
[The SLP set up works very well and was well worth the investment for what was gained. I have never seen just an HPS can run with an SLP pipe set or even remotely close to it.

I would be running at sea level to 3 k feet and the gas is questionable I fear i may always be in the timming retarded mode with extra fuel turned on by the ECU to control the DET[/QUOTE]

I rode mine all last season from sea level up to 8000ft...ran beautifully...make sure you add a good clutch kit(carls), maybe gears(19/41 or 19/42), intake kit(slp), and maybe a set of VF-3 reeds.....you will love it.......all on pump premium(90 octane here)

T
Anyone know what carls kit costs and includes??? I have wasted money on the best set-up before only to find I go higher because my wallet is lighter. I am new here from the M-7 camp and I will say I bought sled junkies Kit and I installed it on my 7 and had to change NOTHING....Is carls set-up like that??? I don't mind paying for what I get it just Pisses me when I don't get what I pay for. I see someone on the doo site is garrateeing?? 10 mph more track speed on a doo doo and that sends up a flag right there as track speed changes from codition to condition....Thanks for the info

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
I would be running at sea level to 3 k feet and the gas is questionable I fear i may always be in the timming retarded mode with extra fuel turned on by the ECU to control the DET

I rode mine all last season from sea level up to 8000ft...ran beautifully...make sure you add a good clutch kit(carls), maybe gears(19/41 or 19/42), intake kit(slp), and maybe a set of VF-3 reeds.....you will love it.......all on pump premium(90 octane here)[/QUOTE]

The elevation would be sea level to 3 k feet and the gas is questionable 87 to mabey 89 but more like 87

I think that the slp pipe may send the ecu into retard mode with **** gas like 87

Its all you get here

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I rode mine all last season from sea level up to 8000ft...ran beautifully...make sure you add a good clutch kit(carls), maybe gears(19/41 or 19/42), intake kit(slp), and maybe a set of VF-3 reeds.....you will love it.......all on pump premium(90 octane here)

The elevation would be sea level to 3 k feet and the gas is questionable 87 to mabey 89 but more like 87

I think that the slp pipe may send the ecu into retard mode with **** gas like 87

Its all you get here[/QUOTE]
check for 100 av gas...here it is barely more then pump premium.. and then you wont have any problems...even a gallon or two would get you up over 91...

W
Aug 20, 2008
utah
tri city set my slp single up, they had a 09 a lot of the season last year for testing they reflash, reclutch for elevation and mods. i heard they have petty good set ups ill have to wait for more snow to find out

S

sledhead004

Jan 20, 2008
Craig,Co
do the pipe, reeds and air box mod you'll love it. And like they said find a good clutch set-up to run, I would spend the $210 for jacks.

Premium Features