• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snow elimination boards

wyogeorge

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
I am wondering if any of the eliminators, not being brand specific, take care of the snow that ends up in the foot wells? The snow that always gets built up in the front of the boards.

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
Yep, been using Sno Eliminators on our RMK's for a couple of years now, they work extremely well. Oops, just reread your post, you still get snow up in the wells--just have to kick it out now and then

Last edited:

wyogeorge

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Do you set them all the way to the front of the foot wells or hold them back till they fit tight in the running boards. sorry just reread yours. is there a better way? or would it make things to weak?

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Do you set them all the way to the front of the foot wells or hold them back till they fit tight in the running boards. sorry just reread yours. is there a better way? or would it make things to weak?

The sheet metal thickness on the Better boards are at least twice as thick on my 2004 RMK and more than tice as thick on the 2005 tunnel.

The better boards go up to the multiple layers of sheet by the ffotwell to the multiple sheet laters where the idler wheels go.

So because they are thicker and bent at a aropund a 90degree angle they will greatly increase the "stuffness" of the foot platform.

Pre boards the foot platforms flexed alot ... now with boards little if any.

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
I am wondering if any of the eliminators, not being brand specific, take care of the snow that ends up in the foot wells? The snow that always gets built up in the front of the boards.

f-bombs better boards have holes within a couple inches of the very front, on my 08 rmk anyway.

Premium Features